Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 6 POTW

Week 6 OPOTW

QB Travis Knebel, BAY, 12 of 16 for 134 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 29 carries for 196 yards, 3 TD in a 30-19 W vs Kansas State

Baylor football: Blake Shapen wins QB job, Gerry Bohanon to transfer -  College Football HQ

Congratulations on being named the National Offensive Player of the Week, Travis. How does it feel to receive such recognition?

Thank you I really appreciate it. It’s such an honor even being nominated. Playing in the Big 12 is tough each and every week so to be among the top performers in the nation means a lot.

Your performance against Kansas State was truly remarkable. Can you walk us through the game and what contributed to your success?

KState is always tough for us so we knew we had to bring our A game especially playing in the little Apple. Shareece was great getting things going, he’s such a great partner in the backfield. Seeing him have success really motivated me to have a game too. Adrian and the whole oline were opening holes and our wide outs were getting open so they definitely made it easier for me.

Your stat line showcased your versatility as a dual-threat quarterback. How do you balance passing and running in your game?

I definitely like to rely on my legs. That’s what got me here to begin with. But the last two years sharing the QB room with Evan and Orlando I definitely learned a lot about being a more balanced quarterback and being able to pass the ball. Coach calls a good game and really allows me to go out and make plays. It’s a fun offense to be in.

Speaking of running, your rushing yards were equally impressive. How do you prepare to be a force on the ground as well?

Yeah I guess you can say the ground game is my bread and butter. We did a lot of work in the off-season to prepare for the pace we play at. I guess all of those squats and sprints are paying off.

What are your goals for the rest of the season, both individually and as a team?

Being at Baylor we always have one goal, a Big XII Championship. Sure things like this are great but it’s really about what we can do as a team.

Finally, Travis, is there anyone you would like to thank for your success and the team's success thus far?

Thanks for the opportunity! I’d love to shout out our entire offensive unit. When things come together we really are a machine. I can’t wait to see what we can do as a team.

Week 6 DPOTW

DT Dante Williams, WISC, 5.5 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 Safety in a 16-9 W vs Rutgers
Wisconsin Badgers Football: Defensive Line Position Preview - Bucky's 5th  Quarter

Congratulations, Dante, on your remarkable performance against Rutgers! How does it feel to be recognized as the National Defensive Player of the Week?

Thank you! It's truly an honor to receive this recognition. I couldn't have achieved this without the hard work and support of my teammates and coaches. It feels great to see my efforts being acknowledged on a national level.

Let's talk about your performance in the game. You had an incredible stat line with 5.5 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and a safety. How did you prepare for this matchup, and what was your mindset heading into the game?

Preparation is key in football, and our coaching staff does an excellent job of providing us with the tools we need to succeed. I studied Rutgers' offensive line and identified areas where I could exploit their weaknesses. My mindset going into the game was to give it my all, be aggressive, and disrupt their offense as much as possible. I wanted to make an impact and contribute to the team's success.

You certainly achieved that and more! Your performance included several impactful plays, including the safety. Could you walk us through that particular play and how it unfolded?

Sure! It was a pivotal moment in the game. Rutgers was backed up in their own end zone, and we knew we had an opportunity to make a big play. I recognized their blocking scheme, and as soon as the ball was snapped, I exploded off the line of scrimmage. I managed to slip past the offensive lineman and wrapped up the quarterback in the end zone, securing the safety for our team. It was a combination of reading the play correctly, executing my technique, and relentless pursuit.

Impressive! Your dominance on the field was evident throughout the game, with multiple tackles for loss and sacks. What do you attribute your success to during those critical moments?

It's a combination of factors. Firstly, credit goes to my teammates and coaches. We work as a unit, and their support and trust allow me to do what I do best. Secondly, film study plays a crucial role. By analyzing opponents' tendencies, I can anticipate their moves and react accordingly. Finally, I rely on my technique, explosiveness, and relentless drive to make plays. I never settle, and I'm always looking for ways to improve.

As a junior, you've already made a significant impact on the Wisconsin defense. How do you plan to build on this outstanding performance and continue to excel throughout the season?

The season is a long journey, and consistency is key. I plan to continue working hard in practice, refining my technique, and staying focused on our team's goals. I want to be a leader on and off the field, inspire my teammates, and contribute to our success as we navigate the challenges ahead. Each game presents a new opportunity to grow and make a difference.

Lastly, what are your long-term aspirations in football, and how do you see this recognition impacting your future?

My ultimate goal is to play at the professional level, in the NFL. This recognition serves as a reminder that my dreams are within reach. It motivates me to continue honing my skills, pushing myself further, and proving that I have what it takes to compete at the highest level. I'm grateful for this recognition, but I also understand that there's a lot of hard work ahead of me to achieve my goals.

Thank you, Dante, for sharing your insights and congratulations once again on your outstanding performance. We look forward to watching you continue to shine on the field and achieve your dreams. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Thank you so much for having me. I appreciate the support, and I'll do my best to make my team and fans proud. Go Badgers!

This article written with the help of @Vivid and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Week 4 POTWs - QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA / DT Colton Rankin, FSU

Week 5 POTWs - QB Andrew Moncrief, AUB / OLB Jomal Diggs, ND

• Fire 3