Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 5 POTW

Week 5 OPOTW

QB Andrew Moncrief, AUB, 42 of 57 for 594 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT in a 54-24 W vs #7 Georgia
Auburn's T.J. Finley enters transfer portal: Where does Hugh Freeze's QB  search stand? - The Athletic

Congratulations, Andrew, on your outstanding performance and the well-deserved National Offensive Player of the Week award! How does it feel to receive such recognition?

It feels great. It was a good team win, I’m happy we could step up our game against a strong defensive team like Georgia, shoutout to the defense, they were on their stuff this week.

Now, let's talk about your incredible stat line—42 completions on 57 attempts for an astounding 594 yards and five touchdowns with no interceptions. How did you manage to put up such impressive numbers against a formidable opponent like Georgia?

I have to give that credit to my teammates, offense and defense, the defense caused a ton of turnovers and made my job really easy, and we just capitalized.

There were several moments where you connected with your wide receivers on deep passes. Can you describe the chemistry you share with your receiving corps and how it contributed to your success?

We’ve been here a long time man. If we didn’t have some sort of chemistry at this point we’d never be in the position we’re in today, and it’s only up from here!

The precision and accuracy you displayed throughout the game were truly remarkable. How do you maintain composure in high-pressure situations, and how did that play a role in your success against Georgia's defense?

I’ve trained for moments like this my entire football career. I’m not fazed by anything, no matter who we play against, and my teammates pick up on that energy and we go out and play our hardest, no matter the outcome. Win or loss, we know we played our hardest, but obviously we’d prefer to win!

Your performance undoubtedly played a pivotal role in Auburn's decisive victory. Looking forward, what are your goals for the remainder of the season, and how do you plan to build on this outstanding performance?

My goal is the same as the team’s goal, and the team’s goal is the same goal as everyone else in college football: holding up that trophy in January. Anything less is a disappointment, and we’re not here to underachieve.

Thank you, Andrew, for taking the time to speak with us today. We wish you the best of luck in your future games and pursuit of the national championship.

Of course! You’ll get tired of me soon though cause you’ll be seeing me a lot more often!

Week 5 DPOTW

OLB Jomal Diggs, ND, 5 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 FF in a 37-26 W vs #2 USC

Where Notre Dame was and is: Linebackers - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports

Jomal, congratulations on your outstanding performance and being named the National Defensive Player of the Week. How do you feel about this recognition?

Thank you, I appreciate it. It's truly an honor to receive this recognition. It's a testament to the hard work our entire team puts in each week. I couldn't have achieved this without the support and effort of my teammates and coaches.

Your stat line from the game against USC is truly remarkable. Five tackles, four tackles for loss, three sacks, and a forced fumble. How did you manage to have such a dominant impact on the game?

It was a combination of preparation, instinct, and the relentless pursuit of our team's goals. We knew USC had a potent offense, so we spent a lot of time studying their tendencies and identifying weaknesses. On game day, our defensive scheme was executed to perfection, and I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to make those impactful plays.

Take us through that game-changing forced fumble. How did it feel to make such a crucial play in a high-stakes matchup?

The forced fumble was a turning point in the game. USC was driving down the field, and we needed a big play to swing the momentum in our favor. As the USC running back made his move, I saw an opportunity to strip the ball, and I went for it. When I saw the ball come loose and our defense recover it, it was an incredible feeling. It energized our team and ignited the crowd. Moments like that remind you why you play the game.

You've shown tremendous growth since your arrival at Notre Dame. How has your development as a player contributed to your recent success?

Coming to Notre Dame has been a transformative experience for me. The coaching staff here has pushed me to reach my full potential. I've worked tirelessly to improve my technique, understanding of the game, and physicality. The development doesn't stop, though. I'm constantly striving to get better, and I owe a lot of my success to the coaching and support staff at Notre Dame.

With this impressive performance, you've undoubtedly caught the attention of scouts and fans alike. How do you plan to build upon this success moving forward?

I'm extremely grateful for the attention, but my focus remains on the team and our goals for this season. I want to continue to contribute to the success of the Fighting Irish. We have a tough schedule ahead, and I'm eager to face the challenges that lie ahead. Personally, I want to keep improving and be the best player I can be for my teammates. The rest will take care of itself.

Lastly, what message would you like to send to the Notre Dame faithful and your fans?

To the Notre Dame faithful and our fans, I want to express my gratitude for your unwavering support. Your energy fuels us on the field, and we feel it. We're working hard every day to bring you success and make you proud. We appreciate all the love and support, and we'll continue to give our all for this incredible university.

This article was written with the help of @gorjaun and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Week 4 POTWs - QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA / DT Colton Rankin, FSU

• Like 2