Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Even in Loss - WVU WR Daniel Murray Impresses in Emergency Tight End Duties

ghows-LK-05c1bc4e-9c42-4376-93dc-f764d61
Murray evades TTU defenders during their 44-24 loss on Saturday

Morgantown - In today's college football world, a player always needs to be ready to play even if it's at a position they haven't played previously.  (Fr) Daniel Murray can attest to that fact, when coach smackemz called him into the office early in the week.  "I've been working hard, and coach called me in.  We lost both Penny and Tony to injuries in the Oklahoma game so we didn't have any active tight ends.  Coach asked me to step in and fill the role this week."  Senior - Anfernee Ford and (So) Anthony Jackson both went down against Oklahoma, leaving a huge hole at the position so the coaching staff called the young receiver to step out of his comfort zone. Murray responded with a respectable game hauling in 4 catches for 37 yards, while fellow receiver David Brown had 2 catches.  

As expected Murray looked comfortable when asked to run routes, he was able to get open consistently and provide a safety blanket for Dzanian Reid.  The struggles were evident in the run game, however; "I tried to really focus on blocking drill this week.  I knew that I would be able to step in immediately and provide value in the passing game.  The run blocking was a challenge, but I started to get a little better as the game went on."  It's likely that Murray will get another chance this week at Iowa State since reports show that Anthony Jackson  is slated to miss at least another game due to injury.  "It's good to get on the field and play in the games.  Even if it's not at my natural position these reps are going to help me develop as a receiver."  

The Mountaineers travel to Ames next week to take on the scorching hot Iowa State Cyclones.  Murray will likely start at TE#1 for another week while Ford eases back in at TE#2 - Ford's blocking in the two tight end sets should help Daniel to continue to improve on the field.  "Man, I'm just pumped to be on the field.  I been workin' my ass off on special teams, but being out there with the offense is special.  This group is gonna grow together and we're going to be a problem in a few years."  Although the results aren't what Mountaineer fans hope to see, you can see the beginnings of something special brewing in Morgantown.  The young players are flashing future greatness as they work through their mistakes.  

• Like 4