Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 4 POTW

Week 4 OPOTW

QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA, 19 of 28 for 297 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 13 carries for 102 yards, 1 TD in a 42-30 W vs Oregon State

Dorian Thompson-Robinson reveals why UCLA's Chip Kelly pulled him - Los  Angeles Times

Hiram, congratulations on being named the National Offensive Player of the Week! How do you feel about your performance against Oregon State?

Thank you! It was an incredible feeling to contribute to the team's success in such a significant way. Oregon State is a formidable opponent, and we knew we had to bring our A-game. I'm grateful to my teammates, the coaching staff, and the entire UCLA community for their support. It's a team effort, and this award is a testament to the hard work we've put in together.

Your stat line speaks for itself—a near-flawless passing game and an impressive rushing contribution. What do you attribute this outstanding performance to?

Well, I have to give credit to my offensive line first and foremost. They provided excellent protection throughout the game, giving me the time I needed to make accurate throws and find open receivers. Our receivers did a fantastic job of creating separation and making big plays after the catch. Additionally, the coaching staff put together a brilliant game plan that allowed me to utilize my skill set effectively. It all came together on that day, and I was able to execute the game plan to the best of my abilities.

You showcased tremendous versatility with both your passing and rushing abilities. How do you balance your dual-threat capabilities while managing the game?

As a dual-threat quarterback, I understand the importance of making the right decisions on each play. I try to assess the defense, read the progressions, and find the open receiver first. However, if the situation calls for it, I'm more than willing to use my legs to make a play and keep the defense guessing. It's all about staying calm under pressure and making the right choices in the moment.

You've had an impressive journey as a senior quarterback for UCLA. How has your growth and development over the years contributed to your success?

It has been an incredible journey, filled with ups and downs. My experiences on and off the field have shaped me into the player I am today. Throughout my time at UCLA, I've had the opportunity to work with exceptional coaches and teammates who have pushed me to improve every day. I've learned to embrace challenges and embrace the process of growth. Every setback has taught me valuable lessons, and every success has fueled my determination to become better. I'm grateful for the support and guidance I've received, and I'm excited to continue evolving as a player.

What are your goals moving forward, both individually and as a team?

Individually, I want to continue honing my skills and becoming a better leader for my team. I strive to make a positive impact on and off the field, not just for myself but for the entire UCLA community. As a team, our goal is to compete at the highest level and bring home championships. We believe in our abilities and the talent we have on this roster. We're going to take each game as it comes and give our all, aiming to make a statement in the college football landscape.

Week 4 DPOTW

DT Colton Rankin, FSU, 7 Tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR in a 27-6 W vs Boston College

Florida State Football Position Preview: Defensive Line - Tomahawk Nation

Colton, congratulations on being named the Week 4 National Defensive Player of the Week! How does it feel to receive such recognition in your freshman season?

Hard work baby. It feels good, real good. We needed this win too so it makes it even better.

Your performance against Boston College was nothing short of extraordinary. Can you walk us through the game and how you managed to achieve such remarkable stats?

Some days you just come to work and feel like wrecking havoc. Today was one of those days for me.

Three sacks, three tackles for loss, and a forced fumble and fumble recovery. How did you manage to dominate in multiple areas of the game?

Honestly, I don't even know smiles. But no seriously, I've been putting in the work all of last year, I'm feeling good. The coaches have been great in helping me develop my pass rushing, and it's nice to see the work paying off. As soon as I got the first pressure I felt like I had the opposing lines number and from there I just kept piling it on.

With these impressive numbers, how do you plan to build on this performance and continue to contribute to Florida State's success?

It's been a bit of a rough start to the season for us. We expected to be better than 2-2. But at the same time, we are 1-0 in the conference. It's gonna be a week to week thing, keep trying to knock off the wins and from here on out we have given ourselves very little room for error, but NOLE FAMILY, we believe baby. Let's do this.

As a redshirt freshman, you've already made a significant impact. What are your long-term goals, both individually and for the team?

I don't want to get to ahead of myself, but even as a RS Freshman I feel like the person I am, I lead from the front. I want to help build this defense into a force to be reckoned with. We have generally been known for being an offensive team since even before my days. I'm here to hopefully help stabilise the defense.

Finally, is there anyone you would like to thank or give a shoutout to for their support throughout your journey?

Thanks to my Momma Nay, my baby momma Claudia, and to all the other empowering women out there. Coach, I hope you keep believing in me. I love this team, this city, and these fans. Once a Nole, always a Nole. Let's do something special here.

This article was written with the help of @Kirby and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Edited by SageBow
  • Love 1