Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

BYU Redshirts Top Recruit Dick Richards. Will Begin his Mission in Argentina

BYU football released their Redshirt and Mission lists today for the 2023-24 season. One of the late additions to that list was 5 star recruit and Elite 11 winner Dick Richards. Deseret News quickly got in contact with BYU coach Curby4 to discover the reasoning behind Richard's redshirt. Curby4 then went on to describe the conversation he had with Dick Richards on the decision to redshirt. "We basically gave him two choices. He could spend the year being a backup to Malachi Allen or he could spend the year traveling and allow us more time to recruit around him. He chose to redshirt." Deseret News also was able to get in contact with Dick Richards himself on the matter. Here is what he had to say: "I knew after my first start against Idaho State that I have a ways to go. Throwing two picks early in that game made me scared to sling the ball and instead I turned to just running it." When asked what his plans are for the rest of the season, here was his response. "I will be starting my mission in Argentina and while there former BYU QB Chris Rosales has agreed to go with me to train for next year." Make sure to stayed tuned in with us as we will continue to update you on Dick Richard's mission throughout the season. 

Here is the rest of the BYU Redshirt and Mission list for 2023-24: 

Redshirts:

Jr RB Willie Irving from Florida 

Sr OT Zach Coghlan from Florida 

Sr DE Dalton Craig from Florida

Sr DT Sam Andujar from Virginia 

Sr OG Jamie Bridges from Texas 

Sr CB Owa Melton from Georgia 

Jr OG Dallas Overton from Texas 

Jr C Tony Choo from Indiana 

Missions: 

Fr QB Dick Richards from Alaska. Mission Location: Rosario, Argentina

Fr  C Alex Cannella from North Carolina. Mission Location: Montreal, Canada

Fr ILB Scott Norton from Utah. Mission Location: Birmingham, England

Fr FS Geoffrey Rivera from California. Mission Location: Concepcion, Chile 

Fr OLB Raymundo Rodriguez from Texas. Mission Location: Seoul, Korea

Fr CB Stephen Murphy from North Carolina. Mission Location: New York City, New York

Fr WR David Murray from Nevada. Mission Location: Auckland, New Zealand

• Like 4