Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 3 POTW

Week 3 OPOTW

RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST, 29 carries for 223 yards, 2 TD, 7 receptions for 120 yards, 2 TD in a 41-20 W vs BYU

Cowboys draft Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn with 212th pick ✭ Inside The Star

Mitchell, congratulations on your remarkable performance and winning the National Offensive Player of the Week award. How does it feel to receive such recognition?

Thank you so much. It's an incredible honor to be recognized on a national level for my performance. I couldn't have achieved this without the support of my teammates and coaches. It's truly a team effort, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to contribute to our victory.

You had an outstanding game against BYU, both as a rusher and receiver. Can you walk us through your mindset heading into the game and how you were able to execute your game plan so flawlessly?

Going into the game, I knew BYU had a strong defense, so I focused on studying their tendencies and identifying potential areas where we could exploit their weaknesses. My teammates and coaches provided me with a solid game plan, and I trusted them completely. During the game, I relied on my instincts, followed my blockers, and took advantage of any opportunities that presented themselves. The offensive line did an exceptional job creating running lanes, and the quarterback made accurate throws that allowed me to make big plays as a receiver.

Your rushing and receiving numbers were truly remarkable. What was the key to your success in both aspects of the game?

Balance was crucial to my success. Establishing a strong running game early on helped open up passing lanes, and vice versa. Our offensive coordinator did an excellent job of mixing up the play calls, which kept the defense on their toes. I also focused on my vision and patience as a runner, waiting for blocks to develop and finding the right cutback lanes. As a receiver, I worked on my route running and honed my chemistry with the quarterback, which allowed us to connect on several key plays.

Scoring two touchdowns both on the ground and through the air is an impressive feat. How did you manage to find the end zone on multiple occasions?

Scoring touchdowns is always the ultimate goal. I credit my offensive line for their exceptional blocking, which created opportunities for me to burst through the line of scrimmage and reach the end zone. The receivers' downfield blocking was crucial as well, giving me the chance to break free and reach paydirt. When it comes to catching touchdowns, it's all about timing and executing the routes precisely. The quarterback placed the ball where only I could reach it, and I made sure to secure those opportunities.

Looking ahead, how do you plan to build on this outstanding performance and continue to contribute to your team's success throughout the season?

This performance was a significant confidence booster, but I know that every week is a new challenge. I'll continue to work hard, stay focused, and be a reliable weapon for my team. Football is a team sport, and I believe in the collective effort of our entire squad. I'll continue to study film, refine my skills, and give my all in practice and games. The goal is to maintain this level of performance while helping my team secure more victories.

Week 3 DPOTW

DE Marco Spruill, GRAM, 7.5 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 INT in a 10-6 W vs Western Carolina

Grambling State defensive line spring analysis

Congratulations, Marco, on being named the National Defensive Player of the Week. How does it feel to receive such a prestigious honor?

Thank you. It's truly an honor to be recognized on a national level. I couldn't have achieved this without the incredible support from my teammates, coaches, and the entire Grambling State community. This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication we put into our craft every day.

Your performance in the game against Western Carolina was exceptional. Could you walk us through the key moments that led to your impressive stat line?

Absolutely. Going into the game, we knew that Western Carolina had a potent offensive unit, so our goal was to apply relentless pressure and disrupt their rhythm. Our coaching staff devised a brilliant game plan, and my teammates executed it flawlessly. Personally, I focused on studying their offensive tendencies and exploiting any weaknesses I could find.

Your stat line speaks for itself—7.5 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and 1 interception. Which of these plays stands out the most for you?

Every play has its own significance, but if I had to choose one, it would be the interception. Western Carolina was driving deep into our territory, and we needed a big play to shift the momentum. I read the quarterback's eyes, anticipated the throw, and got the ball. Intercepting that pass not only halted their drive but also ignited a fire within our team. It was a pivotal moment in the game.

Your ability to create havoc in the opposing team's backfield was exceptional. What allows you to be so disruptive as a pass rusher?

Thank you for the kind words. As a pass rusher, I believe it's crucial to have a combination of speed, technique, and instincts. I spend countless hours in the film room, analyzing opponents' offensive schemes and tendencies. This preparation allows me to recognize formations and anticipate the snap count, giving me that extra split second to explode off the line of scrimmage and disrupt the play. Additionally, my coaches have been instrumental in helping me refine my technique and develop a wide array of pass-rushing moves.

Grambling State's defense played a significant role in the team's victory. How does this recognition reflect the collective effort of your defensive unit?

Football is the epitome of a team sport, and individual accolades are simply a reflection of the collective effort. I wouldn't have achieved this recognition without my teammates. Our defensive unit has a strong bond, and we push each other every day to be the best we can be. We trust one another, communicate effectively on the field, and play with relentless determination. This recognition is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our entire defense.

This article was written with the help of ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST