Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] AAC Quarter-Season Update

After 3.5 weeks of play, most schools have wrapped up their OOC games and now we can take a little quick peek and see how they are performing vis-a-vis my initial preseason power rankings for each conference. Here's the AAC:

Team Conf Overall Preseason Power Rank Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 New Rank Notes
Tulsa 0-0 3-0 1 W vs FCS 37-7 W at Ohio 26-2 W at UVA 27-20 1 Picked number 1 and still the team to beat in the AAC despite some recent rough play by QB Ukelele. They should feast once they hit conference play though
Memphis 0-0 3-0 9 W at GASO 23-13 W vs FCS 20-0 W at BUFF 31-20 2 They were picked middle of the pack, but are one of only 2 undefeated teams left. No eye-opening results, but they look like a solid, deep team which could be enough to be top quarter of the conference
Tulane 0-0 2-1 4 L at UTST 14-33 W vs SJSU 41-19 W vs IND 13-0 3 The UTST loss doesn't look nearly so bad. Beating IND and SJSU by a lot also gives them direct points over a lot of the conference opponents. I think these guys are the real deal in the sense that they will be slight favorites to make the CCG, but I'd be surprised to see them win it.
Navy 0-0 2-1 5 W vs FCS 41-3 L at ND 21-37 W vs USAF 28-7 4 Went big going to ND but game up short. Hui dynasty will come eventually, but for now winning the CIC trophy and challenging for 2nd/3rd in conference should be the goal
Temple 0-0 2-1 3 L vs GAST 13-27 W vs FCS 38-0 W at CUSE 30-29 5 Temple was one of my picks to sneak into the CCG this year, but have looked a bit shaky to start. They pulled off a clutch win against Syracuse which keeps them near the top of the power ranks but look very beatable
SMU 0-0 2-1 6 L at IND 10-28 W vs WISC 27-3 W vs UNM 30-21 6 SMU is about where I thought. Good wins against Wisconsin and UNM but a dropped opportunity to make noise against Indiana. I think they're definitely top half of the conference, but perhaps not a national name atm
UAB 0-0 2-1 7 W at ULM 34-13 L vs GASO 24-26 W vs FCS 27-3 7 2 good wins and a narrow loss. I don't know that they have as high a ceiling as some teams above them but they're showing a pretty high floor thus far.
North Texas 0-0 2-1 2 L at GT 7-20 W at ULL 23-20 W vs Zona 28-13 8 Great roster, but coaching seems absent. The loss to Georgia Tech wasn't particularly close, they barely skated by ULL, and Zona is bad. A very average team thus far
UTSA 0-0 1-1 10 W vs UMASS 31-6 L vs ARMY 28-42   9 Only two games and I don't know that they tell as much. Mid at best
Charlotte 0-0 1-2 12 L vs WAKE 17-31 L at APST 10-14 W vs CCU 29-21 10 A couple of respectable Ls and an ok win. This could be a team that climbs a few spots by the end.
South Florida 0-0 1-2 13 L at UCF 13-49 L at GAST 28-34 W vs Duke 14-6 11 Duke is bad and I don't respect that win much. The losses weren't the greatest either. They should pick up a few more wins this year but not many
Rice 0-0 0-2 14 L vs BAYL 20-34 L at PNST 7-24   12 A heavy hitting OOC, who's to say if Baylor and PNST aren't just much better than the AAC teams. They could move around a lot over the next few games
Florida Atlantic 0-0 0-2 8 L vs Liberty 7-19 L at TROY 17-24   13 Meh, 2 rough losses what can you say
East Carolina 0-0 0-3 11 L at ILLI 6-20 L at BYU 7-30 L vs NCST 17-28 14 0-3 hurts, regardless of the teams it was to. I think they have the capability to beat a few AAC teams, but didn't have the best start so far this year

Overall OOC record: 15-18 (.455)

Biggest surprise (good): Memphis

Biggest surprise (bad): North Texas

They are who we thought they were: Tulsa

Number of (currently assumed) nationally relevant teams: 3