Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

5 ⭐ Discussion

Sarge

Now that some of the 5s have committed, which ones will end up having the most short term and long term impact on their programs from this class?

Can't pick your own team, do some research!

Continue to discuss as they roll in on additional weeks!

I think it's down to a few players for immediate.  I'm a bit bearish on OLBs in the sim from an instant impact side of things and OL won't be flashy enough to earn a spot there.  I don't want to list a QB so my immediate thought is SS Duncan Pierre from Texas.  The best player they have at SS right now is a B+ SR and behind them it's a C+ (SO).  He could quite easily be an instant starter for them.  Close consideration is DT John Bornstein from Clemson.  They have an OLB listed at DT3 and a JR/SR 1-2 punch right now.  He will be starting immediately and should open up a ton there.

For long term, I'm going to go with a bit of an under the radar pick that I didn't hear a lot of discussion on: QB John Waid, Texas Tech.  Effectively the #2 QB on the board outside of Create a Croot guys going to a team that is 3 deep at Scrambler.  A pocket QB is a huge departure from what they have currently got and I'm excited to see him down the road.

22 of the 42 5* recruits signed in Week 3, electric. 

Short Term - DT John Bornstein - Clemson. An insane get for the Tigers in a position of need (currently DT3 is an Run Stop OLB and DT2 Graduates). Bornstein next to Anthony Elflein will make a formidible force down the middle in a 4-3, or kick one of them wide and have 2/3rds of a 3-4 filled with incredible talent.

Short Term - WR Benjamin Iannuzzi - Oregon State. 4 receivers B or higher, but two graduate this season and the other two are Red Zone Threats with C- speed. In comes super polished Benjamin Iannuzzi with a threat to be a Day 1 starter. QB Brooks Burke and star RB Matt Neto are both gone after this season, so whoever takes the mantle of Beavers starting QB will need a weapon on the outside.

Long Term - SS Timothy Khan - WMU. As someone who was desperate for a strong safety this cycle, I looked hard at grabbing Khan. The guy looks incredible, and the best part is the Bronco's don't need him right away as both safety spots have talented junior backups. He might get tucked in at nickel/dime or on special teams, or just sit a year and be a monster in 2025.

I think Curtis Davis is a plug and play starter for Western Michigan, who will easily be a 3-year starter and then go to the draft as a Top 10 pick.

Safeties are hard to predict but Timothy Khan could be in the same boat, Worst case, he starts at nickel CB for WMU as a true freshman.

John Conti could wreck MWC foes going forward, but so far OLBs seem to struggle to show up this year. So I think hes more of a long-term guy that well see blossom in 2025 or 2026.

I trust Sargeant Slaughter the least because of his being a Field General, which is an archetype that I feel few have figured out. But if anyone can, its Sarge

On 6/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, npklemm said:

i'm too poor for this conversation

MACtion doesn’t need no 5 Stars. We make those 3 Stars shine baby! 

• Love 1