Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 2 POTW

Week 1 OPOTW

QB Brandon Savage, TENN, 44 of 69 for 635 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT in a 40-21 W vs #2 Florida State

Tennessee quarterback Hendon Hooker entering NFL draft

Good afternoon, Brandon Savage! Congratulations on winning the offensive player of the week award. That's quite an accomplishment. Let's dive right into your outstanding performance against Florida State. How does it feel to be recognized for your exceptional game against such a tough opponent.

Thank you! Wow, it's a surreal feeling, honestly. When you're out there on the field, knee-deep in mud and rain, you're not thinking about awards or accolades, you're thinking about the next play, the next drive, and how to best support your teammates. But now, having the chance to take a breath and really take it all in, it's an honor. The fact that my performance against an excellent team like Florida State has been recognized on a national level... it's both humbling and motivating. I mean, I'd trade a Player of the Week award for a win any day, but fortunately this week we didn't have to make that trade.

Your stat line was truly impressive, with 44 completions out of 69 attempts, 635 yards, 4 touchdowns, and just 1 interception. Can you walk us through your mindset during the game and what contributed to your exceptional performance?

Sure thing. Honestly, it's all about staying locked in and focused. With the caliber of talent on both teams, we knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park. It was a chess match, every snap mattered and we had to be mentally prepared for every single play.

When I'm out there, it's less about the stats and more about moving the chains and making the right play at the right time. And with the weather being the way it was, we knew we had to adapt our game plan. We had to be smart with the football, and I had to trust my arm and my receivers.

My coaches always tell me, "Brandon, just take what the defense gives you," and that's exactly what I tried to do. I mean, sure, chucking it deep for a touchdown is exciting, but sometimes a check-down that gets you a first down is just as crucial. The stats are great, don't get me wrong. But they're a by-product of the work we all put in as a team.

Breaking the 600-yard mark is an incredible feat. Can you describe the emotions you experienced during the game as you continued to pile up those passing yards?

You know, it's kind of funny. You don't really think about the yardage during the game. It's almost like you're in a different world out there, just focused on executing the next play. It wasn't until after the game when someone told me I'd broken the 600-yard mark that it really sunk in. It's a bit surreal, to be honest.

In terms of emotions during the game, it's a roller coaster. You've got the highs of a well-executed drive and the lows when things don't go as planned. It's a mental battle as much as it's physical. But you try to keep a steady mindset, stay even-keeled because your team is looking at you, and if you're up and down like a yo-yo, that's not good for anyone.

I remember one play specifically. I hit Matt Siri on a crossing route and he broke a tackle and took it upfield. I'm watching him from behind just thinking "Go, go, go!" And when he got brought down after a huge gain, I remember just feeling this wave of exhilaration. Not because of the stats, but because we were moving the ball, we were in sync, and it felt like we were imposing our will. That's a great feeling.

Looking ahead, with this impressive win against Florida State, you, Matt Siri, and this team has established itself as a force to be reckoned with. How do you plan to build on this victory and maintain your momentum moving forward?

Well, it's definitely a team effort. This win against Florida State doesn't just speak to the talent and hard work of myself or Matt Siri. It's a testament to the coaching staff, the other guys on the field, and everyone in the background, pushing us to be better every single day.

I won't lie, it feels fantastic to be on a high right now, but we're not letting it get to our heads. We understand there's still a long road ahead and a lot more work to do. After all, winning a big game doesn't mean you've won the season. We've got a target on our backs now, and we know that everyone will be giving us their best shot. Last year we played Liberty after Florida State and lost because we were too complacent, this year we want to keep this momentum and finish strong every week.

Thank you, Brandon, for taking the time to speak with me. Congratulations once again on your outstanding performance and the Offensive Player of the Week award. We look forward to following your career and witnessing more impressive achievements in the future. Good luck with the rest of your season!

Shout out to Vol Nation - the best fans in the country. Their support means everything to us. Whether we're home or away, I can always hear the roar of the Big Orange. So, thank you, Vol Nation, you truly are the best!

And of course, to my family. Their unending support, especially from my parents, has been my backbone throughout this journey. This one's for you, Mom and Dad.

Week 2 DPOTW

DT Mike LeVert, MSST, 7 Tackles, 4 TFLs, 1 Sack, 2 FF in a 30-28 W vs Southern Miss

Prospect Profile: Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons

Congratulations on winning the defensive player of the week award Mike! Your performance was outstanding, with 7 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and 2 forced fumbles in the thrilling 30-28 victory against Southern Miss. How does it feel to receive such recognition for your efforts?

Thank you very much! It's an honor to receive this award and be recognized for my performance. Winning the defensive player of the week is a testament to the hard work and dedication I've put into my craft throughout my college career. It's a great feeling to see my efforts pay off, not just for myself but also for my team.

Absolutely, your hard work truly paid off in that game. Could you walk us through the key moments where you made a significant impact on the field? How did you manage to make such an impact against Southern Miss?

Of course! One of the key moments was during the second quarter when Southern Miss was driving deep into our territory. I managed to break through their offensive line and record a sack, forcing them into a third-and-long situation. That was a crucial play because it shifted the momentum in our favor and disrupted their offensive rhythm.

Later in the game, during the third quarter, I had a couple of tackles for loss that helped stall their drives and prevented them from gaining any momentum. Those plays allowed our defense to get off the field and gave our offense a chance to score some crucial points.

The forced fumbles were also pivotal moments in the game. I managed to strip the ball from their running back twice, leading to turnovers and giving our offense excellent field position. It was a combination of studying film, recognizing their tendencies, and executing my technique that allowed me to make those plays.

It sounds like you had an exceptional game, making an impact in multiple crucial moments. Your performance surely contributed significantly to the team's victory. As a senior in college, how do you feel your experiences and leadership have shaped your ability to perform at such a high level?

Being a senior, I've had the opportunity to grow both as a player and as a leader. Over the years, I've learned a lot from the coaching staff, my teammates, and the game itself. Those experiences have helped me understand the importance of preparation, discipline, and maintaining a strong work ethic.

As a leader on the team, I try to set a positive example for my teammates. I believe that leadership is about more than just making plays on the field. It's about encouraging and supporting my teammates, both on and off the field. I want to be someone they can look up to and rely on.

All of these experiences and leadership qualities have allowed me to perform at a high level consistently. When I step onto the field, I carry the weight of my team and strive to do my best for them. I believe that teamwork and trust are essential in achieving success, and I'm fortunate to be a part of a team that values those principles.

That's a fantastic perspective, Mr. LeVert. Your dedication to both your individual performance and the success of the team is commendable. Looking ahead, what are your goals for the rest of the season, and how do you plan to build upon your recent success?

Thank you once again. Moving forward, my primary goal is to continue performing at a high level and help lead my team to victory in every game. Individually, I want to build upon my recent success by refining my skills and technique further. There's always room for improvement, and I'm constantly looking for ways to elevate my game.

Moreover, I want to continue being a leader on and off the field. I aim to inspire my teammates to give their best and create a positive and competitive environment where we can thrive together. As a senior, I understand the importance of leaving a legacy and setting a strong foundation for the younger players.

Ultimately, my goal is to contribute to the team's success in any way I can, whether it's making big plays, providing guidance, or being a positive influence in the locker room. I believe that by focusing on these aspects, we can achieve great things as a team.

That's a fantastic mindset, Mr. LeVert. I have no doubt that your determination and leadership will continue to inspire your teammates throughout the season. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today, and congratulations once again on your outstanding performance and the well-deserved defensive player of the week award. Best of luck with the remainder of the season!

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure talking with you, and I appreciate your kind words. I'll do my best to make my team and supporters proud. Thank you again for the interview, and I look forward to what the future holds for us.

This article was written with the help of @tsweezy and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

• Like 1