Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Tennessee Post Game press conference - Week 2

tsweezy

Feel free to ask any questions, but we might be celebrating with too many victory drinks to answer them

In a rain-soaked spectacle that was every bit as titanic as expected, the #1 Tennessee Volunteers clashed with the #2 Florida State Seminoles in what was billed as the match of the season. History was in the making as this marked the first-ever #1 vs #2 match-up in the SimFBA, with Coach Kirby's Seminoles hoping to reclaim their former glory while Coach Tsweezy's Volunteers aimed to assert their dominance.

The Seminoles entered the game with memories of their national title win two years ago but were looking to make amends for a disappointing 6-6 record last year. Boasting the most talented roster in college football this year, all eyes were on Coach Kirby to see if his team could bounce back.

On the other side, the Volunteers, led by the wily Coach Tsweezy, were coming off a stellar playoff semifinal season. They had handed the Seminoles a crushing 30-0 defeat at home last year, but with the departure of Heisman finalist RB Aldrick Ynoa to the NFL draft, there were questions about their ability to repeat that performance.

However, Tennessee's star QB, sophomore Brandon Savage, stepped up magnificently to fill the void. With a gargantuan 635 yards passing and 4 TDs, he led his team to a convincing 40-21 victory, avenging their playoff loss and stamping their authority on the season. The Tennessee offense was also boosted by the efforts of Matt Siri and Hayes Edwards, who had 277 and 218 receiving yards respectively, showing that this Volunteer team is more than just one star player.

On the Seminoles side, QB Kelly Jarwin gave a valiant effort with 273 passing yards and 2 TDs, but it wasn't enough to overcome a dominant Tennessee team.

The rain may have drenched the players, but it didn't dampen the spirits of the Volunteer fans who celebrated this historic victory. Now, as we move into the post-game press conference with Tennessee, we'll hear from Coach Tsweezy and his triumphant Volunteers as they bask in the glory of this monumental win.

Press Conference

Moderator: Coach Tsweezy, Brandon, that was a stellar win. Coach, your thoughts on toppling Florida State in this historic #1 vs #2 match-up?

Coach Tsweezy: It's a great day to be a Volunteer, no doubt about that. We came prepared, determined, and hungry for the win. The game unfolded as we hoped and the credit goes to the boys. They put in the work, and it paid off.

Moderator: Brandon, you dismantled an elite cornerback room. How'd you pull it off?

Brandon Savage: It comes down to the trust I have in my team. My O-line gave me time and my receivers ran their routes perfectly. We practiced hard and it showed.

Moderator: Coach, you effectively neutralized Clayton McGee tonight. How did you manage that?

Coach Tsweezy: McGee's a fantastic player, but football's a team sport. We strategized, had our nose tackle play at DE, and it worked. Our defense rose to the occasion and kept him in check.

Moderator: Without Will Jackson, your offense still dominated. What's your strategy, Coach?

Coach Tsweezy: The strategy is simple: Everyone steps up when needed. We don't rely on one man. We're a unit, and tonight, the boys proved that. They played their hearts out and made every play count.

Moderator: Coach, can you shed some light on the team's preparation leading up to this game?

Coach Tsweezy: Sure, we made some adjustments. Monday night dinners usually mean a classic Southern barbecue, but this week we switched to a pasta buffet. You know, carb-loading. Figured we'd need the extra energy. Turns out, I think the boys just really like pasta!

Moderator: Any interesting stories from the week?

Coach Tsweezy: Oh, there's always something with this group. Like young J.C. Hardy, he actually used to be a track star in high school. The kid's got lightning speed, but he chose football over track, said he missed the camaraderie. And then there's our kicker, Tre Trinnaman. He's got this ritual where he has to wear mismatched socks on game day. Says it keeps him grounded. Who am I to argue with that?

Moderator: Brandon, any insights on the locker room environment during this week's preparations?

Brandon Savage: Absolutely, it's been a wild week. I mean, Matt Siri, our wide receiver, he's not just catching footballs. He's majoring in Astrophysics and was busy solving equations even in the bus on the way to the game. Says it helps him visualize trajectories better. I tell you, I've never seen a guy so excited about equations!

Moderator: Coach, what role did these player idiosyncrasies play in the game?

Coach Tsweezy: I believe every team is like a mosaic, and all these little pieces, these quirks, and characteristics, they make up the bigger picture. Each of them brings something unique to the table, on and off the field. That's the beauty of this game. And tonight, that beauty shone bright under the stadium lights.

Moderator: With all these unique personalities and stories, how do you see the future shaping up for Tennessee?

Coach Tsweezy: Our strength lies in our diversity and unity. We're a melting pot of talent and we're only getting hotter. As long as we stay grounded, keep working hard, and never lose sight of who we are, the sky's the limit. The journey has just begun, and I promise you, it's going to be a thrilling ride.

Moderator: Coach, let's talk about the kicking game. Tre Trinnaman had a bit of a tough night. How does that factor into your assessment of the game?

Coach Tsweezy: Well, football is a game of inches and every point counts. Sure, Tre didn't have his best night, but it's important to remember it's a team sport. We win as a team, we lose as a team. We've all had off nights, and it's how we bounce back that matters. Tre's a great kicker, one rough game won't define him.

Moderator: Brandon, from an offensive perspective, does the kicking game impact your mindset on the field?

Brandon Savage: It does to an extent. We know how crucial every point can be. But as Coach said, it's a team sport. We trust Tre. We know he'll bounce back. If anything, it just makes us push even harder on the offense to take the pressure off the kicking game.

Moderator: Coach, how will you address the kicking game moving forward?

Coach Tsweezy: Listen, we're not going to panic. Tre's made plenty of big kicks for us before, and I'm sure he'll make many more. We'll look at the tape, we'll make adjustments, and we'll practice. No one said this game would be easy, but I trust in our team and in Tre. He's got his mismatched socks and we've got his back.

Moderator: Brandon, any words of encouragement for Tre?

Brandon Savage: Absolutely. We're all in this together. Tre's our guy and we've got his back. We know he's going to come back stronger from this, and when he does, we'll be there cheering him on, just like we always do.

National Media:

ESPN's College GameDay: "What a game! I haven't seen Florida State manhandled like that since... well, last year when Tennessee did it. This wasn't just a football game, it was a resounding declaration: the Volunteers own the Seminoles."

FOX Sports: "Florida State may have the 'most talented roster in college football', but tonight they had the second best team on the field. Mcgee's potential means little when he's on the sideline, doesn't it?"

Local Media:

Knoxville News Sentinel: "Who needs a Heisman finalist RB when you've got Brandon Savage at QB? If this game were a song, it'd be on repeat in every home in Knoxville tonight!"

Tallahassee Democrat: "The rain was fitting tonight because it was a downpour of Volunteer points. Our Seminoles will need to find some shelter and regroup after this one."

Online Reactions:

Reddit /r/CFB:

User - TsweezyFan1: "Savage? More like a barbarian the way he plundered Florida State's defense! #SavageBarbarian"

User - DoubleT89: "Volunteers showing up with a volunteer fire department to put out FSU's hopes and dreams. #FirefightersInOrange"

User - TrueVol: "Honestly, Savage's performance tonight is going to be remembered for a long time."

User - BamaBeat: "Never thought I'd see a day where we didn't even score a single point."

User - GoldenGator: "Seeing FSU go down like that is both satisfying and terrifying. Guess we'll see the Vols soon enough."

User - SeminoleStunned: "I'm just speechless. What happened to our defense?"

User - SoonersSay: "Savage played an insane game. If he keeps this up, Heisman talks are inevitable."

User - Big10Bias: "SEC looking shaky today. Interesting developments for sure."

Twitter: @GridironGuffaw: "Tennessee beat Florida State so bad tonight, they should be charged with theft. #FSWho"

TikTok:

@CollegeGridironGiggles: Video Caption - "FSU's defense meeting Brandon Savage. #ohno #backatitagain #VolNation" [Video shows a skit of someone being run over by a bus with Savage's face pasted on it.]

@QBKingdom: Video Caption - "Savage's arm is a literal cannon. #onfire #touchdownmachine" [Video shows a clip of Savage's best throws with cannon fire sound effects.]

@ScoreboardSlam: Video Caption - "Searching for Alabama's points like...#finderskeepers #missinginaction" [Video shows a clip of a person with binoculars, Bama logo on their shirt.]

@PigskinPun: Video Caption - "McGee thought he was playing rush hour traffic, not Tennessee's D-Line #roadblock #stophammerTime" [Video shows a clip of cars stuck in traffic with McGee's and Tennessee's logo edited on them.]

Teams / Coaches / Players Reactions:

Georgia Bulldogs Head Coach, Twitter: "@Kirby_FSU, got any tips on how to stop Savage? Asking for a friend... #NotReally"

Clayton Mcgee, Florida State RB, Instagram Story: "Tough night, back to the grind. Can't wait to run it back with my brothers."

LSU Tigers, Team Twitter: "Hey @Vol_Football, can you guys save some points for the rest of us? #PointHogs"

Alabama Crimson Tide's star QB, Twitter: "Watching Savage tonight got me taking notes 📝 #Respect"

Oklahoma Sooners' star WR, Twitter: "Watching that FSU vs Tenn game like 😳. Respect where it's due. Savage got the sauce. #TNvsFSU"

Pac-12 Commissioner, Press Conference: "Alabama's loss today? A reminder that the power balance in college football might be shifting. And we're more than happy to lead the charge."

Edited by tsweezy
  • Like 3