Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 1 POTW

Week 1 OPOTW

QB Julian Longacre, USC, 29 of 47 for 536 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT in 44-20 W vs #5 Kentucky

Will USC beat Utah? What was Caleb Williams' Heisman moment? - Los Angeles  Times

Good day, Julian! Congratulations on your outstanding performance and winning the offensive player of the week award. It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to interview you. Let's dive right into it! Julian, your stat line from the game against #5 Kentucky is truly remarkable. 29 of 47 for 536 yards, 4 touchdowns, and no interceptions is an exceptional performance. How did it feel to have such a standout game and lead your team to a 44-20 victory?

Anytime you can play well against a top 5 team its always an amazing experience. I have to give a shout out to my coach for putting the gameplan together and my teammates for making plays.

Walk us through the game. What was your mindset going into the matchup against a highly ranked opponent like Kentucky, and how did you prepare both mentally and physically to deliver such an impressive performance?

We worked hard all off season for this game. We didn’t look at our schedule just focus in on beating Kentucky. So in the game I was so prepared it felt like the game was slow.

Breaking the 500-yard mark in a single game is no small feat. Could you share with us some of the key factors that contributed to your success? How did your offensive line, receivers, and play-calling play a role in your record-breaking performance?

Our Coach said this year we airing it out and the play calling showed. We have a great o-line and (WR) Trevor Woods and (WR) Phillip Adams are amazing and consistent guys to throw to. 500 seems like a feat but we aren’t surprised.

Looking ahead, you're a junior in college, and your performance is drawing a lot of attention. How do you plan to build on this success and continue to excel in your future games?

We have a common goal of winning a championship. We are 1-0 but 0-0 vs Boston College. We want to be 1-0 every week that’s how we play and practice.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, Julian. We look forward to watching your future performances, and maybe seeing you again!

Thanks man you definitely will! Go Trojans!

Week 1 DPOTW

DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC, 11.5 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks in 17-27 L vs Washington State

UC Bearcat defensive lineman Corleone named a freshman All-American

Jatavis, congratulations on your exceptional performance and receiving the national Defensive Player of the Week award. How do you feel about this recognition?

Thank you, I appreciate it. It's definitely an honor to receive such recognition. However, I would have gladly traded it for a team victory. Personal achievements are always secondary to the team's success.

Your statline was absolutely phenomenal, with 11.5 tackles, 4 TFL, and 3 sacks. Can you describe your mindset going into the game and what led to such an outstanding performance?

Well, going into the game, our entire defense was fired up and ready to make a statement. We knew Washington State had a potent offense, and it was crucial for us to disrupt their rhythm. Personally, I focused on studying their offensive line and identifying weaknesses in their blocking schemes. I knew that by being aggressive and utilizing my speed and technique, I could make an impact. The hard work put in during practice and the support from my teammates were also key factors in my performance.

Your tackle count was remarkable, but it's the TFL and sacks that truly set you apart. Can you walk us through a couple of your most memorable plays from that game?

Absolutely! One of my most memorable plays was in the second quarter when I burst through the line and brought down the quarterback for a sack. The energy from the crowd and the satisfaction of disrupting their play was incredible. Another memorable play was in the third quarter when I recognized a screen pass, quickly disengaged from my blocker, and tackled the receiver behind the line of scrimmage. It was all about anticipation and instinct in that moment.

Your performance has certainly put you in the spotlight as one of the top defensive players in college football. How do you handle the pressure and expectations that come with such recognition?

Pressure and expectations are part of the game, and I understand that. However, I believe in focusing on the process rather than the outcome. I strive to improve every day, both as an individual player and as part of the team. The support from my coaches, teammates, and family also helps me stay grounded and focused on the task at hand.

Looking ahead, what are your personal and team goals for the rest of the season?

Personally, I aim to continue growing as a player, refining my technique, and making a positive impact in every game. As for the team, our goal remains the same—to win championships. We have a talented group of players, and we are determined to make our mark this season. We're taking it one game at a time, staying focused, and giving our all.

Lastly, Jatavis, who has been your biggest inspiration and support throughout your football journey?

My biggest inspiration has always been my family. They have been there for me from the beginning, supporting my dreams and pushing me to work hard

This article was written with the help of @Dhawk18 and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

• Like 3