Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Pre-Week 1 Press Conference: Purdue

BabaYaga

WEST LAFAYETTE -- As 2023 SIMFBA season kicks off, head coach @BabaYagatook the podium for his initial presser of the season to preview their season, their recruiting class, and their opening matchup on the road at Connecticut. 

Coach @BabaYaga- Thank you all for coming out today. I'm excited to get our 2023 season underway tomorrow against a tough UConn team. I'm excited about this upcoming season as we have a lot of returners that will see time as well as some depth in spots that we haven't had before. Last season was a disappointment and could have been much better. We know that this year is going to be a building block for the future. We had a great class come in this season and we are excited to see them work. We think that they are truly going to impact in a huge way down the line later on in their careers and we are looking to supplement that class with another solid group this season.

UConn is going to be a formidable opponent and a good chance for us to see what we are made of right away. We go on the road to their place and they are coming off a close loss to Ball State, a team that beat us in the opener last season. Their QB Swanson can really throw the football and we are going to have to keep him in check. Defensively, their defensive front is stout and I'm looking forward to seeing how our guys attack them.

The press conference is now open for questions.

• Like 2

Bro von Brosky, Sports Bros News

Who do you think will be the Boilermaker's breakout player for this game? Any new starters that you're excited to see play?

27 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

Bro von Brosky, Sports Bros News

Who do you think will be the Boilermaker's breakout player for this game? Any new starters that you're excited to see play?

Great question! We feel that our gameplan is very solid for this game and I'm most excited to see how our secondary performs as a group. We were very young back there last year starting dual freshmen. As a unit, that is the spot where I'm looking at for a "breakout". As far as an individual position breakout, we moved Marcus Dade to WR and we will lean on him heavily this season. We are really hoping that he has a breakout game.

We are most excited for our new starting QB, Dominique Ankou. He has performed well in practice and in the spring game so we are hoping that it translates to the field here in game one on the road.