Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Contract Extensions

Migi

Hello simNBA! As you know we are moving right and along and progressing into the offseason! As we load things into the interface, we can start working on different events. First up this offseason, CONTRACT EXTENSIONS! In the spreadsheet linked below, @TuscanSota and I have listed out your team's impending free agents that are extension eligible! In this list, you will see the player, position, attributes, and the minimum contract value they are seeking. What we need you to do is look over the sheet, and reply in this thread the players you wish to go into negotiations with. ANY player that you do not mention, will go directly into free agency!

Negotiations will take place on the interface once Tuscan finishes setting up. This process will thus make it easier for all parties involved to try and keep the players they want to keep while also setting up this season's free agency class!

DISCLAIMER: For players requesting max/supermax contracts, by default the minimum was set at 35m or 49m depending on the years the player has been in the league. AS referenced in the rules (linked below as well), a max/supermax contract takes up a percentage of your team's cap space.

the breakdown for these contracts are as follows:
Max Contract: 0-6 years: 20% (2023 value: $28m, 2024: $29m, 2025: $30m)
7-9 years: 25% (2023 value: $35m, 2024: $36.25m, 2025: $37.5m)
10+ years; 30% (2023 value: $42m, 2024: $43.5m, 2025: $45m)

Supermax contract:
0-6 years: 25% (2023 value: $35m, 2024: $36.25m, 2025: $37.5m)
7-9 years: 30% (2023 value: $42m, 2024: $43.5m, 2025: $45m)
8-10 years: 35% (2023 value: $49m, 2024: $50.75m 2025: $52.5m)

The salary cap this season will be at $140m, 2024 at $145m, 2025 at $150m

Relevant documents for reference:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ucal4sUooYNVGttiRHFoktigfk6gNlBCjhZ6k44QVlQ/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q7nEWjzM5hmiytwj1vgeXmgo43-HzxtA1H8VCalnLzs/edit#heading=h.goj05h8zlul

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wR70XSJ2wlNpwI6Dll3aTV0goaD9hwwcOAQEaKdfnAc/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G1sTiHf6uhgTcsGLvlzbqqIymnDsZ1LVn26B1lfD-Xo/edit?usp=sharing

Deadline will be Wednesday, May 10, 11:59 PM EST/8:59 PST

Edited by Migi
  • Like 2

Golden State is wishing to go into negotiations with: 

SG William Davis

C Howard Johnson

PF Joshua Scott 

Minnesota will enter negotiations with:

C Austin Lucas (who honestly I do not even remember having as a person on my team)

Edited by Minnow

Also I would like to mention that PG Clyde Frazier should have been an expiring contract. Last year he had 1 year left. I never had the option to resign him so I would also like to negotiate with him.

Same goes for a couple other players.
C Noah Keller (who I would like to resign)

and SF Thomas Rodriguez did have an expiring contract. but it looks like he still has a one year deal and is an "existing contract" (I will not resign Rodriguez)

@Migi

image.thumb.png.967c9e3388cf5e96e01d51b8ac1cd009.png

image.png

Edited by Minnow

Detroit Pistons will enter negotiations with:

Ernest Torres 

Noah Keller 

Jonathan Ward 

Samuel Wallace 

The Milwaukee Bucks would like to negotiate with

PF    Lawrence    Morgan
PG    William    Henderson
SG    Wayne    Smith

As of Saturday, May 13th, the deadline has passed and this thread is finalized. ALL players that have not been offered a negotiation phase will AUTOMATICALLY become Free Agents from this point forward.

For the rest of the teams, be on the lookout in the coming days to begin your negotiations.