Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

NFL Pre-Preseason Predictions

Sarge

We're post draft and we've gone through the bulk of UDFAs and Free Agency. Now is the perfect time to make predictions on the season so we can look back to this and see how right or wrong we were!

Here are some of mine.

Predictions: 
Washington makes the playoffs but doesn't make the superbowl.

Denver gets in via Wild Card

Vikings finish with the same record as last year (7-9-1)

Panthers finish no worse than second in the NFC South

Titans discover the forward pass.

• Fire 1

One of the really interesting things about this year is seeing how much on-paper improvements translate to additional wins and losses. Every team has had positive progressions, as younger players out-distance the Below Average pool guys. So just because one team has a higher OVR now doesn't mean they'll necessarily be any better than their opponents. Having said that, I'll predict:

Three new division champions and five new playoff teams 

The pipe drastically changes one team's fortunes in the first 4 weeks

Carolina and Minnesota have as many waiver wire requests as the rest of the league put together

Washington trades for an OT before the deadline

• zamn 2

Spicy first prediction 🤔

I think DAL surprises and winds up the 2 seed in the NFC

I also think the Florida teams (Miami and Jax) end up the top-2 AFC seeds in a bit of a set-back for DEN, but DEN makes it at least to the CCG

• Love 1

I think the big dogs of Commies and Broncos are still going to be the two top teams

Tampa Bay takes a huge step back

Titans take a step back, just an aging running back

Seahawks are a surprise team and sneak into the wild card

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Piercewise1 said:

Carolina and Minnesota have as many waiver wire requests as the rest of the league put together

Theres a spy in the Vikings FO, they know my strat! 👀

I wouldn't be surprised by this, (on paper) I like a lot of the young depth I've already added this offseason, but I also signed a great kick returner off of the Eagles PS last year (had 121 rush yards and 47 receiving yards as RB4 but had 856 KR yards and 552 PR yards) and its proof that Im always evaluating the options that are open. 

NFCN predictions:

I don't think much separates the division, really. Winner probably has about 10 wins, 4th place team could have 7, we all canibalize each other. 

Where the Lions are better is their defensive front 7, so Im going to say

Lions 11-6

Packers 8-9

Vikings 8-9

Bears 7-10

and thats not a knock on the Bears. MIN, DET, and CHI all traded away someone who could be an impact guy, while GB drafted Ramik Phelps who I think is the biggest receiving add in-division.

Lions defense is going to win them tight games, their offense doesn't threaten me at all on paper

Vikings QB Christian Sinnock is going to pass for 5k and 30 TD, but the defense is still too youth-centric to truly make noise. Marcos Maldonado probably has a regression in INTs but I could still see him snagging 10

Packers offense is the most complete, but I wonder if they'd be more potent throwing to Phelps in a WR3 role than primarily in the traditional TE role. The edge of their defense is solid, but the right team could pound it down the middle on em all day, and their DBs seem to be weaker (on paper) than anyone else in-division.

Bears are starting a young RB duo and, like Minnesota, traded a solid WR to get a younger one into the role, which I think is a good move for the future but could hinder their record for this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

Vikings QB Christian Sinnock is going to pass for 5k and 30 TD, but the defense is still too youth-centric to truly make noise. Marcos Maldonado probably has a regression in INTs but I could still see him snagging 10

If Sinnock goes 5000/30 and Maldonado gets 10 picks

1) MIN wins the division

2) ill eat a sock(shaped cookie)

21 minutes ago, tsweezy said:

If Sinnock goes 5000/30 and Maldonado gets 10 picks

5000/25 last year and 19 INTs for Maldonado, might not be too far off 👀 hurriedly looks up Sweezy-adjacent bakeries to make an order from

• Like 1

BOLD PREDICTIONS:

- Titans shock everyone, win the AFC South

- Alex Henderson wins OROTY honors, leading Dallas to a playoff berth

- Frietas overcome McGuire to WR1 spot, makes headlines, Bears win NFC North

- In a tough NFC East, Washington makes it via WIld Card

- Denver makes it back to the Super Bowl

- Carolina catapults to one of the best teams in the NFC South

- At least two teams that made the playoffs last year will miss out this year

- Wayne Murray starts for the BIlls

- The MVP winner will NOT be a quarterback

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Minnow said:

He will in Preseason

Yeah, but I project he'll play better than any one of the other QBs you have and lead you to playoff town.