Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Kgreene829's Last Minute Mock

Alright its coming down to the wire but FA is done and its time for me to do a post FA mock draft. In advance I want to try and do at least 2 rounds but if I run out of time I will just post with whatever I have done and if I have extra time I will look into maybe doing a round 3. I will try to be open to picks being traded but will not be having a team trade a pick unless it really makes sense and I think it is the only thing that makes sense. Lastly this is 100% opinion based I am mostly going off of team needs for picks. 

Round 1 Pick 1 Seattle Seahawks DT Alejandro Rua, Balanced, Lousiana

I think this pick is cut and dry Seattle needs some help on the D-line so why not fill a need while grabbing potentially the best player in the draft

Round 1 Pick 2 Carolina Panthers TE Don Scott, Receiving, Temple

Another pretty simple pick in my opinion Carolina needs a lot so why not grab a great weapon for Dekoda Link pairing him up with promising young WR Brian Wanamaker that is an offense that has the potential to be very good for a very long time. 

Round 1 Pick 3 San Francisco 49ers OT Rubby Stewart, Run Blocking, UKEN

This one is tough I thought they could go QB with this pick but with the recent balance making scramblers better I think they decide to run it back with Latimer and while they are set at OT they could use a good OG so why not just grab the best O-lineman in the draft and shift him over.

Round 1 Pick 4 Baltimore Ravens WR Andrew Jones, Speed, UCLA

The Ravens have a great QB and a promising young RB but other than that the offense isn't great I think Don Scott and Rubby Stewart would make sense for them but with them gone they decide they still want to upgrade on offense so they grab the best WR in the draft. After missing out on Alex Williams III in last years draft Baltimore has their WR1.

Round 1 Pick 5 Carolina Panthers DT Caleb Suarez, Balanced, Missouri

I think the Panthers go BPA with this pick and thats DT Caleb Suarez I think they will try and trade down from this pick though maybe if things go differently and Andrew Jones fall they pick him but as things stand I cant think of a good trade for them to move down so they stay put and draft BPA.

Round 1 Pick 6 New York Jets DT Tony Macura, Balanced, CAL

The Jets are on autodraft and that means they will take the highest ranked player still on the board which is Tony Macura.

Round 1 Pick 7 Green Bay Packers TE Ramik Phelps, Vertical Threat, UVA

This one is a little tough but I think Phelps makes the most sense they need weapons and while you can make an argument for them going WR I think TE might be a little more valuable for them here just because it opens things up more for them to be able to build either a run or pass first offense depending on what is available next offseason.

Round 1 Pick 8 Houston Texans C Noah Prater, Pass Blocking, TENN

I think the Texans would have loved to grab Phelps but they miss out on him by 1 pick so instead go Noah Prater the Texans are building a nice team and have a solid O-line but still have 1 hole at OG with Hue Khan who is already a beast and young they decide to invest in a great O-lineman for him to run behind with the second best O-lineman in the draft.

Round 1 Pick 9 Kansas City Chiefs OT Richard Plutko, Pass Blocking, FIU

Another team with a great young RB this time its Jhan Peters so they also decide to boost their O-line with a great O-lineman in Plutko while just as skilled as Prater with F stamina and D- injury questions remain about his ability to stay on the field but if he can stay healthy this pick makes too much sense.

Round 1 Pick 10 Atlanta Falcons WR Fernando Thomas, Possession, Tulane

Atlanta needs a WR so it comes down to Freitas or Fernando Thomas and you cant go wrong with either one with very comparable ratings Atlanta decides to grab Fernando Thomas because last season he proved he had the best hands in the entire league.

WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE

so with the first trade I am going to just quickly say this is just something I think makes sense for both teams and the value matches up so with that being said.

The Minnesota Vikings trade the #11 pick and the #89 pick their 1st and the 3rd they got from the Titans to the New England Patriots for pick #17 and pick #49 which is their 1st and 2nd round pick

The Vikings are not great right now but have a lot of picks they move back since they don't see anyone worth picking at 11 and add their 4th 2nd round pick which would give them 4 picks in the top 50 makes sense for a team trying to acquire picks to rebuild.

Now the Patriots could really use some more WR talent and seeing DAL picking at 15 and some other teams that may need WR they jump them all to go up and grab their guy giving up a 2nd round pick to do it but getting a 3rd in return.

Round 1 Pick 11 New England Patriots WR Jackson Freitas, Possession, Ohio State

They needed WR and seeing another team that needs WR they decide not to take a risk and jump them to grab their guy they get the 3rd best WR in the draft and while some people think they could use QB with Freitag getting close to retirement but I can see them giving Vernon Bly one more year to progress before they look to move on and with a good QB class next year they could look to grab a better QB than Scribner.

Round 1 Pick 12 Pittsburgh Steelers CB Austin Bledsoe, Zone Coverage, CUSE

The Steelers are in a good spot and have done a good job at filling holes they go Bledsoe here since their CB1 is 32 and retiring soon Kenny Fisher could end up being their CB2 of the future but with they go and grab arguably the best DB in the draft to replace Richard Lupo.

Round 1 Pick 13 Miami Dolphins WR Richie Igwebuike, Speed, Penn State

Dean Hammond is one of the top QBs in the league and with the Dolphins being pretty solid across the board they go and grab a weapon for Hammond. The Dolphins have star WR Kenny White who is a 76 overall and behind him they have 4 60+ overall WRs but all 4 of them are on the last year of their deal and all of them being 25 or 26 with only 1 B+ potential they may look to save money this year by letting an extra WR walk and replacing him with Richie.

Round 1 Pick 14 Chicago Bears DT Marcus Sirles, Pass Rusher, BAMA

The Bears have a good DT1 already and Sirles would be a good option for that DT2 spot which would be an improvement down the road and save them money now compared to their current DT2 Robert Jackson who is on the last year of his deal and if not at DT they could also use a DE and Sirles being a pass rusher archetype he could move over to DE if they need him to.

Round 1 Pick 15 Dallas Cowboys CB Stephen Mahtook, Man Coverage, BAMA

Dallas could use a WR but since the Patriots traded up along with the Dolphins grabbing a WR the Cowboys switch gears and address a different need with CB Stephen Mahtook him and Bledsoe are neck and neck for the best DB in the class so grabbing Mahtook at 15 is a no brainer here for the Cowboys.

Round 

• Like 2