Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Say something nice (NFL)

Sarge

Say something nice about (can be players/coach/GM, roster etc.):

Your team

Another team in your division

Another team in your conference

Another team in the other conference 

I'll start!

- I think Jambo has done a tremendous job with Free Agency and with our trades this off-season. I don't think Carolina is too far off from competing in the division. We have a great OL with longevity, a young franchise QB and a future star at WR.

- I think the Falcons have upside in the right places and are a few pieces away from doing damage, namely at the QB position. I'm excited to see what they do there in the near future.

- Minnesota made an incredibly shrewd and smart move by shipping Madden. Even though our team just acquired a premiere WR, I do think WRs are rather expendable as a position and for them to get additional capital and more cap space was smart for their future.

- I love watching the Titans run game and I think not enough people are ready for them nor giving them much thought. Depending how their draft goes I'd be shocked if they weren't at the top end of the AFC knocking on the door to challenge the Bengals/Broncos of the league.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Death, taxes, getting my butt whooped by Vivid's teams. One of these days I will defeat Phillip Avila; but until then, the Rams are a good squad. 

30 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I think the NFC North is wide open this year and that the Vikings have a chance to win the division.

30 minutes ago, Sarge said:

The Baltimore Ravens are my favorite team in the AFC North.

I also think Matt Howard in Jacksonville is a great situation, and can see him with more playing time either this season or next.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Your team

Much like the 2021 CFB season, I got overwhelmed with RL work for a bit during the season last year, and let the Vikings coast for a bit, devoting my site time to KU. But pool players "bore" me, I'm much more interested in getting my own identity and fingerprints all over my team, which I think can already be seen through roster construction: cut a bunch of aged out pool players last year for UDFAs of my choosing, signed some FA this year, made some trades, etc. And highly looking forward to actually being able to make the draft this year.

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Uhhhhh Detroit smells less than the other two?

In seriousness, I think we'll see a much more active, competitive division going forward. I think @Jmjacobs will really add to the Lions roster, I think @Suffocation actually being around for the offseason will be helpful for GB, and I think @nemolee.exe taking over the Bears and creating an identity for them will be big. I don't think anyone is truly a step ahead of each other in the division race yet.

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Everyone's focus in the NFC Offseason has been Washington thus far and for good reason, but I'm giving a major sideeye to @Rocketcanand Dallas since they've been majorly active in trade negotiations and FA. Philly is good but we haven't seen em make a major move yet, NYG swapped QBs with Washington for some reason, etc.

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

The Titans getting a 1st+ for TE John Hendrickson is crazy, and makes @kwheelea frontrunner for exec of the year. Hendrickson was 10th in yards for TEs last year (45th for all positions), he has to be like Top 5 consistently IMO to earn the pay day the Titans got for him. 

• Like 5

Well I can not necessarily give my team props without sounding self-centered. So I will just skip it as I do not need self-praise. 

Another team in my division

I do think appreciate the generosity of @Kirbyto be willing to send their WR Adams to Buffalo this offseason. Making deals with division foes who were both close to making the playoffs last year can be quite difficult and Kirby made it painless. 
I wholeheartedly appreciate the negotiation talks and being able to create a fair and balanced deal during a crazy offseason. 

Another Team in my Conference

I would like to thank Las Vegas and the staff of @cultur3and @Jieretin making Free Agency fun this year. They had me constantly checking on OLB David Zumbrun in a hotly contested bidding war, of which they eventually won him over. You guys are building something special over there and I can tell your moves (albeit aggressive in my eyes),  are moves that push a team towards the playoffs. 

Another Team in the Other Conference 

Despite me giving shit to @Sargeand @Jamboin the discord about their plays in Free Agency, they are doing what I wanted to do with the bills but never had the balls to do. I love rebuilds and the endless possibilities that they give GMs. It's one of the reasons why in my OOTP I willingly take over the struggling 2000 Minnesota Twins and try to build around Johan Santana. To raze an entire roster in their inaugural season takes guts and I can strongly admire that I wanted to do the same, but I did not have the talent to build in draft picks or the roster to build in FA. My only options have been to ship out players on expiring contracts in hopes of getting draft picks (most of which I have promptly traded in moving up or getting other players, something I never actually like doing). In Carolina they are playing my type of high risk high reward type of game that a sim can only provide and I am excited to see what it brings. I know they will be more competitive than the Bills will be in 3 years time, and I am so jealous of their draft this year and all the defensive talent that is available to them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1