Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

What are you looking forward to in the upcoming draft?

Sarge

Title.

Here's some questions to get you started if you don't have anything off the top!

What team(s) have the most at stake this draft?

Who do you think goes #1 and why?

What trades in the draft do you see happening?

What quarterback goes first and why?

What does Washington do without their draft capital?

What do teams like Carolina, Minnesota and Indianapolis do with all their draft capital?

What position has the most value in this draft?

What position do you think gets overvalued in the first day?

I think QB, WR, TE is the positions you see on paper as game changers but with already having a good DT, they can effectively shut down the running game and/or can rush the passer. I think teams will be happy to get any variation of those top 4 DTs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Carolina, Dallas, Philly, NYG, Indy

The Panthers have alllllll that priority capital but this isn't particularly my favorite class for them to have all of these 1sts in, so to me they either need to NAIL them, or move them for future 1sts (keep the pipeline flowing)

With Washington going vet-heavy, I think this draft in particular is major for Dallas, Philly, and NYGs near-future. I think Washington is going to age out in 2-3 seasons, which is when this class should be priming up and then they can take full advantage of having a year or so of a jump start on the division. 

Indy swung big last year for their QB. With 2 2nds, 3 3rds, 2 5ths, 2 7ths, I think this year in particular is when they need to nail the core of their team for Lyons. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

If Seattle didn't move up, Id think they'd have been prime for Don Scott at #4 - replace their old TE and give their young QB an elite weapon. But Seattle only has 2 DTs on their roster, so to me, it's Rua

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I don't know if I see it happening, but Atlanta moving up from #10 to #4 would make sense to me. They get ahead of Carolina's 5th overall, and 2nd, selection, get a guaranteed A+ overall player, and could use an OT, DT, or even TE and dump Zhong to a more immediately competitive team. Baltimore doesn't NEED a DT, and can stack capital and still get a top 10 player.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Wayne Murray to the Chiefs at #9. Chiefs could use a QB and a rookie could easily start on this roster, and I think people are severely underrating Murray since he had an AI coach instead of the lovable @Jieret as his college coach like Scribner. I think scramblers have little stock to most teams this year until the league collectively has a better understanding of how to use them, so Philly at 23 could go Wilfredo Joseph and it would make sense to me that he'd fall to those teams, but less scrambler-proven teams reaching would surprise me more and give me doubt on his future. Could also see Scribner to Vegas because of the college connection, but I still think Chiefs at 9 makes the most sense unless someone hops them with Carolina at #5.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Essentially, they're counting rings. 

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

What do teams like Carolina, Minnesota and Indianapolis do with all their draft capital?

Panthers have needs obviously but I still think they try turning at least one of their top 5 picks into future 1sts or a future 1st and heavy change. The late 1sts a competitive team should trade up with them for (again, sending future 1+) but I really think those 1sts should be rolled over by the Panthers. Pick 2-3 players and keep the massive money pile.

Minnesota trades up ahead of Baltimore for WR Andrew Jones.

Indy goes BPA save for QB, every pick. I dont care if the guy is WR4 this year, he's probably WR1 and Lyons' best friend in 2 seasons when you need to be competitive.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

There might be 50+ rosterable WRs in this draft class, and 30-40 more Id keep on a practice squad. If you didn't use a PS last year, you should sign 5-6 UDFA WRs this year to your PS and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Defensive line as a whole. I think the top 3 DEs will all go earlier than they should, and the DTs are obviously deep, but do you really want DT5 or DT6 instead of the top player at another position this year? I could also see the free safeties go too early. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Sarge said:

Carolina is drafting for its franchise life. They've got some good O-line pieces thanks to FA, and one good WR for Link to throw to, but they need to nail these picks or turn them into even more to justify the megatrade. They have by far the most at stake going into the draft.

Similar story for anyone with extra capital, so Minnesota, Indianapolis, and I'll throw Baltimore in there too since they are picking top-5 and have a pair of extra 3rds as well. I don't know a lot about their rosters, but I'd say BPA for Baltimore, defense for Minnesota, and O-line support / offensive weapons (for Lyons) for Indianapolis.

Rua stands out as the only A+ / A+ player, but I think it's Stewart. Seattle runs a 3-4 and has a great young DT (Gary Wheeler) on a 4-year deal. Currently their OT2 is a 62. Stewart would be a day 1 starter. 

No clue. We've already had some trades that I found very unbalanced, so I think the DMs will be flying as we get late into Round 1 and high-value targets start falling.

Washington bet everything on a 2-year championship window, and it already worked once. I think they kick back and enjoy the show. 

I still maintain that Scribner would be overdrafted in the first round, but there's value in having a 5th-year option on a franchise QB. Joseph's 12/11 TD/INT ratio concerns me, but I think Scramblers are due for a boost in the sim so I believe someone will take a chance on him. I think Joseph goes first. 

Linebacker. There are only a few quality players and there's plenty of need throughout the sim. I expect the best LBs will be taken higher than their grades would otherwise suggest..

Quarterback, if anyone but Joseph goes in the 1st round. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sarge said:

Title.

1. What team(s) have the most at stake this draft?

2. Who do you think goes #1 and why?

3. What trades in the draft do you see happening?

4. What quarterback goes first and why?

5. What does Washington do without their draft capital?

6. What do teams like Carolina, Minnesota and Indianapolis do with all their draft capital?

7. What position has the most value in this draft?

8. What position do you think gets overvalued in the first day?

1. Carolina.

2. 🤐

3. Carolina trading their first round picks for next year's.

4. Wilfedo Joseph

5. Find a way to trade next year's draft capital for players.

6. Trade it away.

7. Redacted.

8. Runningback.

I'm so excited for the draft broadcast memes. Guys picking wrong players. TRADEZ ARENT WORKING ON THE INTERFACE. And lastly penile based names for Mr Irrelevant. Already got my eyes on a few contenders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SageBow said:

I'm so excited for the draft broadcast memes. Guys picking wrong players. TRADEZ ARENT WORKING ON THE INTERFACE. And lastly penile based names for Mr Irrelevant. Already got my eyes on a few contenders.

Hah! What kind of idiot would pick the wrong player?!