Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2023 Proposed Draft Date [Poll]

Piercewise1

Hello SimNFL members!

Pro Days are nearly completed, so it's time to schedule the 2023 SimNFL Draft! The draft is probably the biggest annual event for the pro football sim, both culturally and in-game, so we want as many teams represented as possible. After a brief discussion, NFL leadership has zeroed in on the third weekend of April as the primary candidate. That's a week after Easter, it avoids spring breaks, the admins are available, and it gives teams plenty of time after the combine to work on draft boards, create media, etc.

Ideally the draft would take place on Friday night (April 14th) and Saturday (April 15th), but Sunday is also a possibility. So please indicate if your team is available on the following days, as shown in the sample below. Only 1 response per team - if you have staff and need to coordinate coverage, please do so offline.

EDMONTON ELKS

• Friday 14th - YES
  • Saturday 15th - YES
  • Sunday 16th - NO

You are welcome to list windows of time ("YES after 5 PM" or "YES from 10 AM - 4 PM", etc), but please give a clear answer for each day to make compiling results easier. Leadership will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible, but makes no guarantees. Discussions of specific rounds (or alternate dates if there are significant conflicts) will follow after the results of this poll have been tabulated.

Thank you all!

-The Commish

• Like 1

Miami Dolphins

• Friday 14th - YES

• Saturday 15th - YES

• Sunday 16th - YES

Im currently working all three days so my availability will likely be sketchy throughout unless I can try get some time off, but thankfully @TheLiberator is available all three days regardless :)

• Football 1

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

• Friday 14th - YES
  • Saturday 15th - YES
  • Sunday 16th - YES
  • Provided we know a definite date by the end of February, I can make myself available these days. Would prefer not to draft late April since usually we have an IRL preseason game the last week or two of April (happened last year for the draft and I essentially was auto drafted) and May we start real games

Los Angeles Chargers:

Friday 14th: More than likely available - depends on travel

Saturday 15th: Will definitely have at ~4 hour+ block of time where I won't be available, but won't know the timing of it for a few weeks.

Sunday 16th: Likely available

Green Bay Packers

• Friday 14th - YES (ideally earlier rather than later due to being 5 hours ahead of EST)
  • Saturday 15th - NO (at the races all day for the Grand National, will probably be in no fit state)
  • Sunday 16th - YES (ideally earlier rather than later due to being 5 hours ahead of EST

Not expecting the times to be catered to me as I’m obviously the minority but just asking for it to be considered, even a couple hours earlier would help me a ton, especially on the Sunday when I have work at 6am on Monday.