Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: Mike Zhao Rancho Santa Margarita (CA)

mikezhaoolb.png.3a45af8a0aa3f9c28a84a3d7577b5935.png

Mike Zhao, Outside Linebacker

6’2” 231 lbs, Tesoro High School

A defensive chess piece capable of playing across the defensive front. An Offensive Coordinator’s nightmare. A rare type of prospect that has risen through the rankings each game in the last two seasons. Some coaches see Zhao’s versatility as more of a “front 7 tweener” and less of the modern era's prototypical outside edge rushing linebackers.

During his sophomore season, Zhao was more of the hand-in-the-dirt edge rusher amassing 3.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. But, with his transition to more of a mobile, versatile pass rusher, like his favorite player Khalil Mack, Zhao showcased his athleticism propelling him up the rankings averaging 9.5 tackles per game, 3.5 sacks, and 4 interceptions during his junior campaign leading the Titans as the unequivocal leader of the Titans defense.

Mike Zhao will be one of the most intriguing defenders in the class of 2022 given his skillset as he could make an impact in a variety of different ways on Saturdays. Likely to emerge as a stand-up ‘backer that can rush the quarterback on some downs and drop back into coverage on others. Zhao gives defensive coordinators flexibility and that should garner him a lot of interest his Senior season.

Zhao had this to say about the recruiting process:

“I’m just open to listening to everyone right now. There are a lot of great things about all the programs. I just want one that will give me a great education and set me up to eventually make it into the NFL someday. I know I have a gift and that this will help me get an education.

Right now, the focus is on leading the Titans into the CIF playoffs this season and have my list down to the top contenders figured out by mid-season.”

• Like 3