Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: Jake O'Connor of Edina, MN

1673983577160.thumb.png.591aec6670c91132a3a382199ab6cc39.png

In November 2022, the Edina Hornets took home the Minnesota State Championship. With an amazing win over the Wayzata Trojans 42-7, Junior QB Jake O'Connor was named the State Championship MVP. And rightfully so too.

Jake O'Connor stands at 6'2", and was a menace of a QB. The junior QB threw for 2,216 yards, with 20 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in an air raid offense. The quarterback has been catching eyes all season with his pocket awareness and knowledge of the team's playbook.

"This kid has one of the best arms I've seen in Minnesota football in decades. You don't often see this kind of talent up here." Minneapolis Sports reporter Kent Brothers said on the matter.

Jake O'Connor had a moment to share with the news after the state championship:

"I know the playbook. I've done the reps with my squad and we've been practicing these plays all summer long. I'm just glad to have pulverized Wayzata in such a way to show them the team they actually area: weak. I'm also glad to have crushed Minnetonka and Hopkins as well earlier in the season. Nothing like seeing rival institutions get wrecked by the Hornets. Scrub schools with scrub teams with no talent for the next level."

Much can be said about the Quarterback's personality, and collegiate scouts are eager to seeing how O'Connor competes heading into his senior season. The Edina quarterback has yet to attend any football camps but is rumored to be attending Matt Howard's Quarterback Camp for QBs Who Can Throw Pretty Good later this offseason prior to the start of the season. He is poised to being one of the top QBs this class alongside John Waid of Katy, TX and Maximillian Howard of Bolles, FL.

• Like 6