Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Badger's Basketball Announces Newest Recruiting Class

kwheele

th.jpg.e97242692684097c9826dfb2e31ac86b.jpg

Madison, WI

The Wisconsin Badgers Men’s Basketball program was able to wrap up an impressive five-player recruiting class, headlined by La Crosse’s Central High School 4-star forward, Jerome Kersee. 4-star guards John Lopez (Billings West HS, Billings MT), Michael Vanhorn (Commonwealth Academy, Warwick, RI), international signee Matthew Garrison (Spain) and Wyoming 4-star forward William Harris (Rock Springs HS).

wisckersee.thumb.jpg.7493b292d09c8cfc9784dd4e48c730e2.jpg

Jerome Kersee, Forward, 6’7”

“I really liked Coach Wheeler’s energy and transparency throughout the recruiting process. He understood that being close to home so my Momma and sisters could watch me play and was willing to make that happen. I knew the Badgers were the team for me, and really didn’t want to distract myself with other teams. I am just glad that I can get a good education and that my family can watch me as I work toward getting to the next level.”

Coach Wheeler - “He is a hard worker and really prides himself on being a defender first and a scorer second. He has the ability to really dominate the wing position with us and with his slashing ability should give some serious match-up problems with opposing teams. Look forward to pairing him alongside Ian McCall, Andrew Long, Jeremy Booth, and (William) Harris to really solidify the paint for us.”

wisc68Forward.thumb.jpg.174a48cdf7fd9f3e97d742f631c8c2e6.jpgWilliam Harris, 6’-8”, Forward

“I have always wanted to get out of my little corner of Wyoming and see more of this country, and with my commitment to WIsconsin and playing in the Big Ten I will get a chance to do that too. Obviously, being from Wyoming cold doesn’t bother me all that much. Coach Wheeler was a straight shooter with me and the family and said that I will get a top-notch education as well as set myself up to make the jump up into the NBA in the future. They have a top-notch pre-med program and I see that being a huge plus.”

Coach Wheeler - “Harris has a long wingspan which really helps with his defense. He is a strong defender that has a soft jumper from about 15 feet in. His shooting and defense will get him a long way, especially considering the competition we face with our scheduling each season. He and Kersee will be a very dynamic pairing for the next couple of years.”

wiscguard2.thumb.jpg.482dc1ff89e991f351bfc1173225e207.jpg

John Lopez, 6’-1”, Guard

“I have been talking to coach Wheeler for almost two years now. He has shown a lot of love. It's his second year in Wisconsin, so I am excited to see what he can do. He has the Badgers moving in the right direction and I felt like I wanted to be a part of that. So, On Wisconsin.”

Coach Wheeler - “John is a hard-working player that doesn’t back down from a challenge. Having played in Billings he is no stronger to harsh conditions and overcoming challenges. With his ballhandling skills and being able to shoot off the dribble, he will do really well against the Big Ten opponents.”

wiscguard.thumb.jpg.e313b833c459c7b2a6484966fe55185a.jpg

Michael Vanhorn, 5’-10”, Guard

“ Coach Wheeler has a great basketball mind and knows what it takes to get there and to stay there and that's what I am trying to do. I see myself being a big piece of this Badger team from day one, especially with Barnes and Long both graduating this year. Yeah, I have what it takes and Coach saw that.”

Coach Wheeler - “Michael is a great example of players using their natural abilities to make themselves and their teammates better. Not only can he handle the rock, but he also has an excellent shooting stroke too. Regardless of the fact he is not six-foot, he will be a dynamic presence on the court and be very much a part of every game while he is here.”

wiscforwardwyoming.jpg.9dcb79db43b4bcff7bdd2784ec71e9be.jpg

Matthew Garrison, 5’-11”, Guard

“Coach Wheeler is really cool and has been very helpful in helping me navigate the intricacies of the NCAA and student VISA policies. I have really enjoyed getting to know him and look forward to being in Madison. I am truly grateful that basketball is an inside game since I am not used to cold winters.”

Coach Wheeler - “Had the opportunity to see Matthew play a couple of times over the summer in the European League tryouts and last year in the exhibition games they played. Great ball-handler and a great shooter from behind the arc. His versatility in shooting will create mismatch problems for defenders and he will make them pay with his diverse arsenal of shots.”

• Like 4
  • Fire 1