Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2023 | Mid-Major Conference Poll

TuscanSota

Hey everyone,

Putting out this poll early but I wanted to get the community's thoughts on CBB Expansion next season. Which conferences do you want to see join in for the 2023 season?

• ASUN
  • America East
  • Big West
  • MVC
  • Summit League
  • Ohio Valley (OVC)
  • Patriot League
  • Horizon League
  • Ivy League
  • WAC
  • Big Sky
  • Big South
  • SoCon
  • Southland
  • SWAC
  • MAAC
  • MEAC
  • Northeast Conference
  • Colonial Athletic
  • Independents (Two schools)

Google Form Link Here

Edited by TuscanSota

As a member of the real life summit league I would appreciate the representation, but as it currently stands SDST is the only Summit Member in the sim right now.
  • Like 1

I voted Summit League just because I like a lot of the teams on it and it'd be cool to have another league that I know some more schools but any conference added next season is great!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Add them all, but just have the majority of them be AI so that we can have a more realistic universe. Only have 1-2 teams from each AI conference have an actual roster and allow human players to schedule those teams only, up to 10 games total per AI team. Only those 1-2 teams would qualify for the tournament as well as an automatic qualifier. The others would just be there for flavor (until the site fills up). This way, we get a full universe, but only a fraction of the work for running things.

Example:

Horizon League

Let's say Cleveland State and Wright State are added as AI teams (could be others, just picked two) Those two teams get full AI rosters, AI recruiting, and can be scheduled for up to 10 OOC games by human teams (no more than 1 each).

At season's end, those two teams play in their conference tournament championship game to determine who gets the automatic bid. It's a one-bid league.

The other teams in the conference exist in-theory, there just is not work involved. Canon just says that they were eliminated in their conference tournament by one of the conference's stronger teams (Once the site fills up and there are people clamoring for teams, you open one conference at a time to meet the needs of the human applications, allowing existing players to transfer to the other schools first, before applications are accepted.

• Like 1