Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: OT Quentin Arnold - Swainsboro High (GA)

arnoldOT4star.jpg.46878dcc3ec6d43a3952f64304c204ea.jpg

Quentin Arnold, OT (run blocking), 4 star

Swainsboro Tigers Football stormed their way through their schedule this season to a 12-0 record and will face Irwin County in the Division 1A semi-finals. The high-powered Tiger’s offensive attack is anchored by Offensive Tackle Quentin Arnold.

Quentin Arnold, the consensus #1 offensive lineman and Top 15 recruit in the country, has been dominant at his offensive tackle position having allowed zero quarterback sacks s in his first year as a varsity starter. Arnold earned the team’s HOG Award for the best offensive lineman and received an honorable mention on the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Georgia.

Arnold is expecting to continue to build on this year’s success as he will be attending the Jesse Sapulo Men In The Trenches (MITT) Academy and participating in the 6th Annual Super Lineman Competition.

When asked about the recruiting process, his timeline, and who he has been in contact with, Quentin was very open about what he favors and when he will be making his decision about which college he will attend.

“It has really been a trip having coaches from all over the country come to our games. I knew they were here to see some of the other guys, but then more and more coaches would approach me after the game and talk to me, my mom and my sister, ‘Nique. It’s been kind of overwhelming to say the least. No one in our family has made it all the way through college, let alone have it paid for to play a game.

I guess to me, having a good education that will set me and my family up after I graduate is the most important. I mean, I want to have something good when I am done. Even if I am Blessed to play in the NFL, I still want to have something to fall back on.

I think it is something like 15 or 20 schools sending me information and wanting to talk with my mom and me. Thank God that Coach (Tim) Roberts is there to sit with me and help me understand what they are offering. I mean everyone is a great school and they all have a lot to offer, but I need to do what is best for my family and me I guess.

I have some time before I decide. I would like to have like 5 top schools figured out by the start of the next football season and make my choice after our state title next season. Yeah, I think we are that good to make a run at the title again. Would make me look even better to those Top 5 schools I guess.”

• Like 4
  • Love 2