Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Croot Map

[2021] Croot Map Link

Step 1 - Google "Map Maker Google" Click the first result and get started

Step 2 - Create new map

1669546512510.thumb.png.a058223af56e783c6b6b257cba7ffb8b.png

Utah is a national brand. 2 local kids from SLC and 1 just a stones throw away, but we're getting 3 kids from the LA area, 3 from the Bay Area, 2 out of Jacksonville, 1 from Denver, 1 from Tulsa, a quarterback from Miami, a receiver out of Syracuse, even a punter out of Cincinnati. Overall very California focused with sprinklings of guys from elsewhere. Now lets get more wins!

• Like 5

1669547129978.thumb.png.7a07901fe338f7296cf7dec4a070c8a4.png

Western Michigan mostly recruited the Midwest, with a few forays into the Southeast including 4-stars QB Willie Robinson from Atlanta and DE Steve Ricco from Miami. With the exception of Minnesota guard Mark Stevens all the players west of the Mississippi River coming to Kalamazoo were recruited late in the cycle, choosing to sign in the last three weeks.

While we won't know how this team will look in a post-Theo Scribner world until 2023 spring practices arrive, we can be sure these fine young men will be a vital part of the Bronco heritage.

• Like 4

1669573991220.thumb.png.8863fbf13b86b93370f1755905960d2f.png

Pretty widespread, which is nice.

Colored states are in the vein of NCAA 14 Pipeline states. Blue states are where Kentucky has 5+ players on the roster, plus new recruits. Dark blue states are where Kentucky has 10+ players on the roster, plus new recruits (and Kentucky itself).

• Like 4

Generally we hit some of the recruiting areas that WVU hits irl. PA, Ohio, Florida, Texas. Grabbed a few in state guys and a couple from California.

Generally unless they were a "close to home" croot for me I didn't really care where they were from. I targeted guys who didn't have any associated affinities, since I do not have any of my own.

Screenshot_20221127-103845.thumb.png.4726dad4f95d99cb287a677a3f656b79.png

• Like 3

2022finalIUCrootmap.thumb.png.83fc7e457fa8c69ff387c70cd2310b67.png

Pretty much the same approach as @smackemz - IU has no affinities, so I targeted scheme-fitting players nationwide with no affinities to minimize that disadvantage. I did get Close to Home on 3 of the Illinois guys, but only 1 had any competition and I got them all at 100%.

My blue chips were from Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, and Maryland (x2).

• Like 4

Screenshot2022-11-27173638.thumb.png.8b9ecc010c7f251ac19178ec92dcd93a.png

This year Utah State had a lot of croots from all over the country including: 3 from in state (Utah), 1 from Oregon, 1 from California, 2 from Hawaii, 3 from Texas, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Michigan, 1 from New Jersey, 1 from North Carolina, 1 from Georgia, 2 from Alabama, and 1 from Louisiana. In total of 18 croots of 1: 5 Star, 13: 3 Stars, 3: 2 Stars, and 1: 1 Star.

• Like 3

2022SimFBARecruitingMap.png.e0f984353f2bf45c8b3c77e9306d19f2.png

New head coach nemolee.exe is looking to bring his genius recruiting starts to the Illini football squad to help further their success in the long run. Unfortunately for him, coming in too late to help the team in this recruiting session, he had very little wiggle room to clean the mess the previous head coach has made -- who was not very well known to be a recruiting genius. This year, for his first year, nemolee.exe only managed to pickup 9 recruits -- with the majority being 3-stars, and 4 coming from Illinois -- including 3 from the Chicagoland area. nemolee.exe hopes to use this as an opportunity to improve his team, and get them out in front in the long run.

This is not the final map. nemolee.exe will have to wait and see how he fares with the walk-ons coming up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2022SimFBARecruitingMap-National.thumb.png.9a9148da83373c0c74c5ab30f4cd20de.png

A lackluster recruiting class during the season has led to plenty of work during the offseason, and there was a much better incoming class coming in. This effort has fortunately brought Illinois into a recruiting class in the Top 25. With such a great effort turning it around, hopes are high for nemolee.exe to deliver on future recruiting classes.