Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: John Waid of Katy, TX

1669503689469.thumb.png.c616ae7ecf6658dd707a621422db024b.png

Arguably the best quarterback of the Class of 2024 is QB John Waid of Seven Lakes High School in Katy, Texas. The Houston area signal caller stands 6'-3", weighs in the 230s, and has an absolute rocket of an arm. "The poise is all there, the footwork, the pocket presence, the raw arm strength. This guy has it all," says his head coach Jim Duncan. "He's the best quarterback I've ever had the pleasure of coaching".

Waid attended the southwest Elite 11 regional camp and shocked everyone. "It was like... who the hell is this kid," said Jim Jebow, CEO of Elite 11. "Man I tell you what, one of the most polished juniors I've ever seen with my own two eyes. Outdueled some of the seniors we ended up taking to Nashville to be honest. Gave him a few pointers, but Lord have mercy, this is probably the guy that wins it all next year."

Waid put up monster numbers at Seven Lakes this past season. Duncan's Air Raid offense shined with Waid at its helm, the junior throwing for 1935 yards and getting 24 touchdowns to go with 6 interceptions as Seven Lakes pushed to a 9 win season. Unfortunately for them, they were dropped in sectionals, but look for them to put together an even better season next year.

"It was a really tough year. I put my heart and soul into this, but it just wasn't enough this past year. Ran into Hector Galvan and Tomball Memorial in the postseason and bounced out early. He's a hell of a player man, but that team was insane. Heard he's heading to Purdue and his teammate Dinesh Villegas joined Navy. I gotta say though, with them out of the way, no reason why Seven Lakes can't be Houston's representative next year. Championship or bust."

"Talking recruiting, gotta be honest, I've gotten offers since my sophomore year. The big offers started rolling in after I attended Elite 11 Southwest. Man I think I got a dozen offers that weekend alone. Still a lot up in the air. My family is from up north originally, grew up a Michigan fan. But it'd be nice to stay closer so my parents can come to games. Houston's right here, Texas A&M just up the road. LSU and Arkansas not too far away. Then you got TCU and Baylor and Texas Tech. All these guys have offered me, so I'm just gonna work through my process."

• Like 3