Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

SimBBA Feedback Thread

I'm currently looking at coming up with a better way to handle progressions for SimBBA because right now depending on the position, only certain attributes will grow while others barely grow.

I would either...

Increase the rate secondary attributes by Position grow

... or introduce something such as Specialties

Rather than have static attributes grow pending on the position, have certain attributes progress further due to the specialties of the player.

So instead of a Guard who's Shooting2, Shooting3, and Finishing will increase automatically each season, their specialties could be in Shooting3, Ballwork, and Defense. For another guard though, their specialties could be Shooting2, Finishing, and Rebounding.

To keep some importance on the position of the player, players could have a higher chance of having certain specialties due to their position. As for the number of specialties a player can have, I'm not quite sure yet but I think it would be fair to have a range between 1 and 5.

Thoughts?

Splitting the defense attribute to interior defense and perimeter defense. Interior Defense would be the defensive attribute used for jumper shots and paint shots; perimeter defense would be used against 3 point shots
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
The current attribute ranges are between 0 and 20. I'm currently looking into ways of increasing this range where it makes sense, especially for SimNBA. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I will be looking into adjusting progressions for next season, mainly on the following things:

• Adding more growth opportunities towards the player's potential growth in the offseason
  • Nerf regressions to be a bit more forgiving when players don't meet minutes expectations
    • Increase the odds a player will transfer when they don't get the minutes they get expect, in response to this.