Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Ohio State Buckeyes Season Preview

Columbus, OH – The Ohio State Buckeyes look to have a good year on the court this season after they had a solid football season. They are locked and ready to go this year and expect to contend for a title. Below I take a quick look at what lies ahead for the Buckeyes.

Projected Starters

G - Reginald Lovelace - SR - A overall

G - Thomas Ludwig - SR - B overall

F - Adam Puryear - JR - A overall

C - Brian Money - JR - A overall

C - Michael Beck - SR - A overall

Key Bench Contributors

F - Michael Chipps - FR - C overall

G - George Garner - JR - C overall

F - Steven Rose FR - C overall

This might be the best starting lineup in college basketball as they have four A overalls in the lineup. Even though they have some studs on the floor for them, I don’t know if they really all gel together. I think their best trait is the defensive side of the ball but once subs come into the game it really falls off. This team is really good though, so look for them to make some noise early on during the season after they figure out their rotations.

Non-Conference Schedule

Week 1A: Cincinnati

Week 1B: Fresno State

Week 2A: @ Georgetown (Gavitt Tip-Off Games)

Week 2B: North Carolina (Neutral)

Week 3A: Florida State (ACC-B1G Challenge)

Week 3B: Bowling Green

Week 4A: Texas

Week 6A: @ Eastern Michigan

Ohio State starts off its season with a few games that they shouldn’t lose with Cincinnati and Fresno State at home. Ohio State then starts to challenge itself in the middle of its non-conference schedule with a very tough matchup with Bowling Green. The Buckeyes should be favored in every game this season but very easily could lose a few as they work out kinks. Non-conference projection: Low 6-2, High 8-0.

Overall Thoughts

Ohio State has some of the best starters in the country but they don’t have much depth behind them. This is a team that will probably get out to fast starts on teams but allow teams to claw back and hand around when the reserves enter the game. I worry about this team on the defensive end and potentially that they are too balanced on the offensive end. However, I think they are very good and @Sky Master will lead them to great things this year. Prediction: 22-6 (15-5 B1G)

Edited by BabaYaga