Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

NCAAF & NFL Coach of The Year

Sarge

Want to start something new this year since we've seen a huge influx of new coaches on new teams, old coaches on new teams, and same coaches through two seasons. I think the variety is good and want to start a way to recognize someone.

There will be one simCFB/simNFL Coach of the Year. It can be a coach that lead a huge turnaround in a program, a coach that blew expectations out of the water, or the coach that won the National Championship, whatever you want for criteria. All I'm asking for with nominations is:

- Name of nominee for Coach of the Year

- NCAAF or NFL

- Small write up on what they accomplished that is deserving of the award

***Please look at all posts in the thread and +1/-1 through the reactions feature on our forum on other nominations to assist in narrowing down our pool. Nominations will be needed by 21 Nov 2022. Once the deadline has passed, a Google Form for where people can vote will be created on the finalists for the award.***

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

I will add, if you want to nominate multiple people, please make independent posts so that people can upvote who they agree with as nominees.

You're not limited to only upvoting one post you agree with.

CFB Coach of the Year: @Sarge

Georgia was bottom rung of not just the SEC, but the entire CFB. Sarge managed to fight back - in SEC play - to 3rd in the division (behind powerhouses Tennessee and Missouri), but 7-5 and bowl eligible, and defeated an excellent Texas team in their bowl game to finish 8-5.

Bottom of the CFB to above average, and the same record as many other potential CFP contenders, in the space of half a season? COTY.

• Like 7

CFB Coach of the Year - @Dr_Novella

SJSU was a revelation this season. Phenomenal job, I have them as the most over performing team based off their talent. From one of the top 10 worst teams talent wise, SJSU fought all the way to a double digit win season

• Like 6

CFB COTY - @Vivid

Back to back Big 12 champ in I'd argue one of the toughest conferences at the moment and had some iconic clashes with TCU. Excellent recruiter and coach. I think Baylor will end up a perennial power in our sim, especially if this is a "down" year for them.

• Like 3

CFB COTY: @Jieret

I mean look at WMU he has shown he is a great coach had 2 great seasons but showed improvement going from 8-5 to 11-2 and made the National Championship. While he had a talented roster he still showed that he can make the most of players who are not top tier 2 star senior WR Andy Anderson is a great example finishing 5th in receiving yards despite having a teammate who finished 2nd having 1861 yards and 15 TDs.

Edited by kgreene829
  • Like 4

NCAA COTY: @PoopyRhinoPickle

Took the 76th-ranked team in talent all the way to a MAC conference championship and then to the playoffs. Out coached nearly every opponent he faced, winning 4 road games this year, including a tough win at CMU. Then the team defeated a vaunted WMU team, drawing up a defensive game plan that included not one, not two, not three, but FOUR picks of the Heisman winner Theo Scribner. The three losses on the record are from the BIG10 champion and two other playoff teams.

This is a team that talent-wise should not have achieved this much this fast, but great coaching really helped them overcome. The BGSU staff had to contend with playing a QB at the Running back position all year, and it worked admirably. Add in some key recruits from last year to the mix, and it was a nice run for the Falcons.

Speaking of recruiting, this coaching staff is building a monster. Last year they were ranked #2 overall in recruiting, and this year they currently hold the #5 spot. Prized 5-star DT Jasper Chunk brings along 13 more four-stars to campus next year. I'd hate to play this team in a year or two...

• Like 7

❤️ Ty ty, going from the 40s to top-4 might not be the sexiest jump, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care more about the crooting crown than any other achievement ?

Gonna close this early because I'd like to try to coincide COTY announcements with all the fanfare of SB/Championship games.

Screenshot_20221117-212140.thumb.png.d018281c5d46dd0695991d67a03b1ebe.png

Congratulations to NFL Coach of the Year @Ezaco! It was wildly impressive for him to accept the Cincinnati job midseason and truly turn the team around for the better. Well deserved. Goes without saying though that @alexfall862 absolutely deserved to be in contention.

An awkward congratulations to..me! Not going to write anything for me because that feels incredibly awkward but:

Huge shout-out to @PoopyRhinoPickle for his continued excellence on the recruiting trail and the tremendous job he did with BGSU. Tbh his team is/will be absolutely terrifying for seasons to come.

Old man @Jieret definitely deserves love for how much he's been able to accomplish with his roster comparable to the talent challenges I and a few others think he had. It's also impressive for one of his players to win the Heisman, multiple others be competitive candidates for it AND to make the NCG.

And also @Dr_Novella for turning SJSU into a juggernaut in his conference this season with arguably the worst roster of the 4 CFB COTY nominees. I personally feel his hill was a much steeper climb than others will want to believe.

• Like 6