Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs UCLA Preview

1667856607255.png.39af686b56007f729666b7c3e92921e2.png

One leg of the 2022 College Football Semifinals is upon us, 12-3 Alabama takes on 12-3 UCLA in New Orleans. The Crimson Tide are favored by more than a touchdown as they look to run their current winning streak to 9 games, but the Bruins will do all they can to make sure they're one of the national title finalists.

The big matchup to watch here will be UCLA Bruins quarterback Hiram Maronde, who has 46 total touchdowns, against the mighty Alabama defense led by linebacker Weston Shackelford. If UCLA can stay ahead of the chains, this will turn into a track meet that is anyone's game. On the opposite side, Alabama running back Chris Williams has over 2500 rushing yards this season, and it'll be all on UCLA linebacker Kareem Alvarez to make sure Williams doesn't break the home run that he's done so often this season.

The Spread

TeamSpreadTotalMoneyline
:ucla: UCLA+230
:alabama: Alabama
-8.565.5-300

Expert Picks

SageBow - UCLA is actually a nightmare matchup for Alabama. A dangerous running quarterback, but more importantly a very underrated defense. Alvarez will be a force against Chris Williams. However, I've been backing Bama all year and I'm not going to stop now. Give me Stephen Mahtook to shut down Andrew Jones and the Crimson Tide to win an ugly one. Take the under.

Sarge - Alabama bottled Ynoa, a Hesiman finalist, in the SECCG game and made Tennessee one dimensional with a Freshman QB. I don't think Maronde is built the same way though, doesn't turn it over much and you just cant sack the guy. Bama has to and is likely going to sell out stop Garcia but that's gonna let UCLA eat through the air. My fear is that UCLA defensively won't be able to stop the run which takes the ball out of Maronde's hands. I think it's a shootout as both defenses aren't world beaters but their offenses are. Gimme UCLA beating Alabama 37-31.

TuscanSota - UCLA. They will be more awake playing in the evening due to the time zone adjustment.

• Like 5