Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: CB Thomas Greer (Poulsbo, Washington)

30423968_web1_220930-BIR-NKHSFB-NKHSLumen_1-1536x1377.jpg

North Kitsap CB Thomas Greer (#8) breaks up a pass intended for Port Angeles WR Jaxson Gerris.

North Kitsap's (Poulsbo) Thomas Greer was recently named Washington State's Gatorade Football Player of the Year. Greer dominated on both sides of the ball, tallying 990 yards and 11 TDs as a receiver and 6 interceptions as a cornerback.

Despite the offensive production, many believe that his best position at the next level is exclusively covering wideouts - and he agrees.

Greer smiled at that. "Oh yeah, I enjoy playing on D. I like following and taking away the offense's best weapon, I like knowing they can't do their job because I'm doing mine."

Greer is remarkably composed and confident, but also self-aware. When asked what he needs to work on to be an even better player, he didn't hesitate. "Film study," Greer declared, "There are lots of college route concepts I don't deal with [in this school district], and lots of techniques and keys I have to learn."

That brought up the obvious follow-up question: You didn't study film during the season?

"I did for awhile," laughed Greer, "but they stopped throwing in my direction so there wasn't much to see."

"Thomas is the best player I've ever coached in my 19 years here," said North Kitsap Coach Max Lawson. "He's not just a great football player, he's also been a great leader."

"He'll make an impact from day one, no matter where he goes," Lawson stated proudly.

Where that is, no one knows yet. Currently 24/7's top cornerback prospect, Greer has interest from schools all across the country. Scouts and coaches from coast to coast sit in the stands of North Kitsap Stadium to watch the Vikings - and #8 - on a weekly basis. For his part Greer says he hears from plenty of schools but can't name any favorites.

"Nah, it's too early. I'm gonna take my time in the process, and I'll commit when it feels right."

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...