Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Coach123 Interview

Coach123

images.jpeg.9b59c618490526c49ebfe2b45306381c.jpegimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT1VV6yBAdLuhpjCMftq0tAwy6iYmoBKtt2-WWLhqtQQ&s1664740077465.jpeg.548bf4fc41f671e37303f873dcec73aa.jpeg

1664740123487.png.c78b6a439516797066b9c99acdc49e03.png Or 1664740144630.png.ee9f26169a942ce0f58cd451f14e1985.png

With rumors spreading throughout the sports world Coach123 has decided to address some in his recent ESPN Interview.

So coach, will you be moving to Army ?

I plan to, but I will say that nothing is guaranteed in this world. After speaking with the athletic director I believe I am their top choice to replace their interim.

Any word on the contract ?

I will say that that the 8 year 16,000,000 is way of the mark. I don't know where you guys get that information, but the athletic director has hinted at a 5 year 4,400,000 but could be worth up to 6,000,000 with incentives. I don't know what intern came up worth 16,000,000 but I don't think this school could afford that yet.

What are the goals for your first year ?

A lot of this depends on the recruiting class that gets signed, but I think the goal is to get to a bowl game. Despite an interim this team can still make a bowl game so I have strong confidence in this program. Obviously in the future we are looking to make higher tier bowl games and eventually a playoff bid, but it is always tougher being a independent school. I'm looking to secure a good class this year that we can build on.

You've played a Pro style balanced playbook this year, any plans for the new offense or defense ?

Yes, I think there will be a lot of changes in our offense. Traditionally service academies play using the wishbone style and I look to continue that under my tenure here. While it is a run heavy offense look for us to mix it up from week to week. Defensively I will also change and play a 3-4 with a zone coverage. Depending on the depth of our roster these strategies are subject to change, but those will be are go to.

Are there any positions you are focusing on improving ?

The first position I would need to address is Quarterback, there is a real lack of depth there, but I also need an offensive line. Obviously when running a run-heavy offense we need some of the best run blockers in the game. So the offense should be revamped after next season, but we do have some defensive play-makers who should really help this team out when we have offensive struggles.

What do you think your schedule is going to look like ?

Being an independent, we have more flexibility in that department, but besides the annual Navy and Air Force game we will have a lighter schedule. I want to build some confidence for the player, the program, and the school. Although I have spoken to the Tennessee coach on possibly playing an SEC school in order to draw some attention to this program.

Lastly, with all the news about conference realignment will Army look for a home ?

As of now I think we will stay independent, but maybe down the road we will look to re-join Conference USA or possibly the ACC in a few years. Well thank you for the interview and I hope I cleared some things up for the media and for fans.

1. Championship pedigree we are the only conference to win a natty(gotta milk it before someone else wins one)

2. Competition even this late into the season multiple teams are still fighting to make the CCG and with a ton of upsets within our conference and even outside like when we beat 2 SEC teams in the same week

3. You said ACC and everyone knows that 2 A's is better than 1 A

we get 4 OOC games to schedule since you would play Navy and Air Force that would be 2 less but then since Navy is an in conference game you would have 2-3 OOC games to schedule
  • Like 1