Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Tulane statement after loss

After suffering an embarrassing loss to USF Tulane coach kgreene829 appears before the media to make a statement about the game.

"Hey guys I know that game was ugly and we would like to apologize to the Tulane faithful we know that our run defense is the biggest weakness on the team and have been fighting to bring in some players to help us defend the run more effectively. This is the second time that we have lost a game because of our inability to stop the running game and we are working with the defense to fix this. Part of the problem stems from us realizing that over half of the defense still does not know what a run is and just assumed that the only way to move the ball is through the air. As the coach I need to take some blame for this since our offense is very pass heavy in practice we almost never have the defense defend against the run which has lead to this problem. After talking to the team we have realized that we only have 5 people who actually know how to stop the run and one of them is senior ILB Khalid Bolt who we now have working with sophomore ILB Montrezl Holcomb who will look to become the next run defense leader. In light of this we are now making a commitment in recruiting to go after people who can stop the run to try to fix this problem for next year. We apologize for performance and for not realizing before but here at Tulane we are now making a commitment to stopping the run. We will now be open for questions regarding this topic."

Our offensive line is a problem that we are aware of as they have shown to struggle to pass block effectively we were looking into improving our offensive line but we feel that our run defense is a bigger problem so for now the offensive line improvements are being put on hold as for the 3 interceptions Morel has been a great QB for us this year and we thank him for everything he has done I attribute this to a rough game for him and we will be working to clean up the interceptions from this game. Moving forward since he is graduating we will be looking to the QB we recruited last year Paul McCullers Sanders as an improvement. That being said the offense has been the highlight of the team this season and we are looking to improve that with McCullers Sanders stepping in as the starting QB next year (after redshirting this year) and two very talented WRs who have committed this year. On top of that we are looking to see improvement from the RB we recruited last year after redshirting we expect Shin-Soo Martinez to be our starting back and have him backed up by another young RB in Kapri Stephenson. The hope is that these players will be able to take our offense to the next level by turning our one dimensional pass offense into an offense that can do damage both through the air and on the ground. I just have a final statement on the offense to finish things off. This offense is the reason that we have been able to get to the point we are at and while I do want to improve this offense and I have made plans to every player on this offense has given everything they have to make this team as good as we are. I hope this answered your question and if not feel free to ask more questions as I would love to talk more on this team and my plans for the future.
  • Like 1