Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Pittsburgh Steelers Announce New General Manager

smackemz

The Pittsburgh Steelers are excited to announce that @Broletariat has been hired for the role of General Manager with duties beginning immediately.

"We're excited to bring someone in with the pedigree that @Broletariat brings to the team.". The Steelers currently sit at 6-5 on the season and are currently in the mix for a potential playoff birth in the inaugural simnfl season.

Rumors were swirling around the move when flight tracking apps showed Broletariat and smackemz on separate charter flights to central Virginia. At the time both denied a meeting went down.

"Now that the hire is complete, I did meet with @Broletariat at a brewery in Virginia and after a long discussion the fit here in Pittsburgh just made sense. Right now everyone is focused on our playoff push, but I'm confident we'll develop into one of the better teams in the league sooner rather than later."

The floor is open for questions.

• Like 1

Great hire the signing brings a lot of good to the organization what are you looking to get out of this signing and at 6-5 you guys can still make the playoffs but could miss the playoffs and have to make moves in the draft can you talk about what he brings that will help this year and what will help in the future if you don’t find immediate success
  • Like 1

I think he brings a pedigree of success and has shown the ability to build great teams and spot talent. I think with the league being so young, teams are going to be a various levels of talent. We think that we'll be able to find the right talent in the draft while simultaneously building a sustainable team through free agency.

At the end of the day we want to win super bowls, but we also want to build a sustainable team that is always a competitor for them.

• Like 1

Adding onto this. One of the things I have taken from his GM career is that his teams always were considered a competitor. He doesn't build a team to make a short run, they are built the right way for long term competitiveness.
  • Like 1

Thank you one last question and this is also open to @Broletariat the trade deadline has passed so no new additions to close out the season are you looking for moves to make at the off-season because even if you make the playoffs this is still a team with some holes most notably at WR