Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Maryland Week 6 Post Game Press Conference

RobSun08

*Coach Robsun takes the podium to begin the press conference*

I don't have much to say other than that was ugly. We have to get better. We now have our third straight loss, after starting 2-0, which feels like a million years ago.

Stephen was 15/36 for 102 yards, and had 85 yards rushing. Isaiah had 89 yards on 24 attempts. Burke was targeted 6 times for 5 receptions and 27 yards. Nix had 55 yards on 3 catches, which were his first of the season. Lauletta led the defense with 11 tackles and a forced fumble. Ryan Turner had our only touchdown of the say, pounding it in on the ground.

There isn't much more to say, because we didn't really do anything. We held them to a close game for the first half then crumbled and fell apart. On the recruiting side of things, still no major news yet. Next week we take on Purdue at home, where hopefully we can end this 3 game skid. Anyways, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

*Press conference is now open for questions*

• Like 1

Hairy Cajun with a question coach and before you ask yes that is my birth name, Maryland and Purdue while in similar positions are also polar opposites they are ranked 6th in recruiting and are 2-0 in conference play despite having a 2-3 record which is the same as you. Can you comment on how two similar teams can be so different, what you think Purdue is doing right, and what a win against a hot team in Purdue can do for the program.
  • Like 1

Well Purdue somewhat struggles in the OOC games, and ever since have been able to do well in conference. We on the other hand did well in the OOC games and have been struggling in conference. These opposite teams can be so similar because they've ended up in a bad spot. We are both looking on how to do better and improve upon those previous games we lost. I think Purdue is more stable than us, and is a bit more consistent, something we are aiming to correct next weekend. A win against Purdue would get us back to .500, and really boost the team's confidence in themselves, and prove we can win in the B1G.

I can say I have a major move planned, but I do not know if we will make the change this week or wait and give the current line-up one more shot to prove themselves. If we do make the major change then we will also shuffle around some starters and backups to better fit our running scheme we have going.