Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Dick Richards Signs with BYU

1661107716114.thumb.png.6905b34fd02b1cb257c7821e17c3f063.png1661107667626.thumb.png.c0897f36c084b76901b15cbcd6003781.png

The long-awaited commitment is finally here folks! Weeks after BYU's overtime win vs ranked Notre Dame, Dick Richards has finally committed to BYU! A small press conference was held at his high school on Saturday night as the national media and locals were in attendance to see which hat Richards would choose. To no one's surprise, Richards picked up a blue and white hat with a large Y on it. After his announcement, Richards was flooded with questions from both local and national media. Here are some of the questions that were asked and Richards's response.

Deseret News: Dick we wanted to know why you waited a couple weeks after the Notre Dame game to make your decision?

Dick Richards: I've never been one to make quick decisions. After the Notre Dame game, Maryland got in touch with me and I only felt it was fair to visit their campus and talk with their coaching staff. However, I kept going back to BYU and I really felt comfortable with the coaching staff.

Capital Gazette @SyndaKyt: Why weren't more schools interested in you? Was it your girth as QB? Maybe your questionable height at the beginning?

Dick Richards: I think some schools just assumed with my connection to BYU that I was already going there. I don't know maybe some schools were or are intimidated by me. I obviously have that dog in me and some coaches don't want to be overshadowed by their recruits. Sometimes there can only be one dog in the kennel.

The Daily Californian @Migi: Who do you think is the best QB in this recruiting class?

Dick Richards: Obviously me haha. I mean that's a clown question bro. I mean by the time I graduate, I will have a Heisman trophy and maybe one or two Nattys before I get drafted number one overall. I'm going to win the Elite 11 competition, you'll see.

Anchorage Daily News: What are your plans now and do you see yourself earning the starting role next season?

Dick Richards: Obviously that is up to Coach Curby4 and the rest of the coaching staff. There are other good Quarterbacks still on the roster, Tyrell Romero and Malachi Allen are both solid guys. I mean it's up to me to earn it, but I am a Cougar now and if that means redshirting one year to help this team then I am all for it. As for what's next, after my senior season is over I plan to head to BYU and start training. In the summer, I will start my Mission trip to Brazil and see all the hot babes. I mean help them find the Lord.

• Like 8