Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Locked on Tulane Week 5

In a hard fought week 5 match Tulane takes their first loss of the season to Indiana final score 29-20. This was a tough week for Tulane as they were unable to get their receivers going with their top 2 receivers going a combined 11 for 28, 149 yards and 2 TDs. While those yards are not bad and 2 TDs is also good these are 2 great receivers who we have come to expect more from. Before we get any further huge shoutout to coach @Piercewise1 he put together an excellent game plan and deserved to win that game. Now lets join coach kgreene829's post game press conference.

"Well coach you suffered your first loss can you tell us what went wrong?"

"Well first I want to thank everyone who played in and showed up to support Indiana that was a tough team and the fans did not make it easier on us. With that being said our passing game just couldn't get going and since that is the driving force of our offense we struggled. On top of that Aaron Gossett had a great game with 4 TDs our offense just couldn't stop him."

"Coach you had a close win last week against Memphis and now a loss against Indiana your team is not one of the more talented teams in the league, are the cracks starting to show?"

"Well while this team does not have the talent that a team like Alabama has this team works hard and fights on every play week in and week out. Talent is not the only thing I have a group of guys that work hard and push each other which is much more important than talent and I work hard to put them in the best position to succeed. As to the question the cracks are not starting to show every team has ups and downs and we will look to bounce back."

"This was a tough loss what message did you have for the team after the game?"

"Well it was tough and our top guys were disappointed that they could not get the job done but this team played hard and that's all I can ask them to do each week so despite the loss I am proud of them and let them know. I told them that they fought hard and they should be proud, we're 3-1 and this team has been playing high above expectations. I said some more things but those are things that won't leave that room. I ended the speech by saying this is over and done with next week we are going up against Navy and have a real chance to bounce back so I want all the focus on that game."

"Speaking about Navy they are a team that has had trouble starting this season do you want to say anything about your plan for them?"

"I haven't gotten a great chance to look think about our game plan for Navy so I don't have anything to say to that but I do want to say that I consider coach SyndaKyt of Navy a close friend we work together on the Ravens and talk to him about recruiting from time to time. I really hope he can turn things around but with that being said I hope that turn around waits until after our game."

"Coach last question you started Hector Lee over Alexi Patterson today at RB can you talk about that?"

"Yes well Lee and Patterson are both really talented players in their senior season so it has been a real battle and we decided to give Lee a chance this week, going forward I think we will stick with Patterson as we have been working with him to recapture that performance from his first game of the season but I am looking to split the carries a little bit more. Lee has been great because I know in your senior season you want to play but he keeps working to try to win the spot but has also been helping Patterson out a lot. He is a great player but an even better person and this organization will miss him I won't say much because its still being discussed but if things don't work out for him in the NFL I would love to bring him back in some kind of role because he really understands the offense and is an asset even when he doesn't play."

Well coach Kgreene829 said a lot more than he has in recent weeks and I really think that he can pull this team together and bounce back next week. Next up we have the WR tandem of Fernando Thomas and Treveon Love.

Fernando Thomas walks up and everyone is yelling trying to ask a question but Fernando Thomas said that he wanted to say something before taking questions.

Fernando Thomas

"Before we get into this I just want to say that I am regretful of the comments I made on twitter and I accept the punishments I have been given and will work to be better in the future. With that being said I do not want to discus the incident and instead am here with my friend and partner *wink* Treveon Love to answer questions on the game."

Everyone puts their hands down before a reporter who actually has a question about the game raises his hand.

"Ok so you guys had a bad performance that is unnatural can you guys talk about what went wrong and Thomas can you talk about dropping out of the Heisman watch because of it."

Fernando Thomas

"Well it was a tough game for me and it hurts not being in the Heisman watch but this is just week 5 I am going to continue to work to get back into the conversation."

Treveon Love

"I know how hard Thomas works and we feel the same way, we were not good enough and we let the team down moving forward we will work harder since the team looks to us to run the offense."

"Bronson Morel has struggled in back to back weeks and its obvious that he is not one of the top QBs in the league do you wish you had a better QB and do you think that would make a difference"

Fernando Thomas

"I will take this... *sigh* Morel is a great QB and we are lucky to have him. We did him no favors this week with our drops and we need to be better. I know that I would not trade Morel for anyone not even Theo Scribner Morel works hard and brings so much more than just what he shows on the field this team is lucky to have him because he acts as an extra coach for us. He is a football mastermind and just understands the game better than anyone else. How can I not support and love the QB that is the godfather of my 3 year old sister. We will not talk anymore on the qualifications of our QB because he has won the locker room and the starting job."

With that the two WRs stormed out and ended their press conference early. That was all we have for this week a bit of a short edition as players declined to go out for questions and instead opted to get to work preparing for next week.