Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Elite 11 - Southwest Regional

1660157214740.png.d77a47b7b5e3b978334683d40dec4c78.png

Dallas, TX

Jim Jebow’s traveling quarterback circus heads to the Metroplex for the Southwest Regional. In one of the hotbeds of football talent, over 400 signal callers attended from every corner of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Arizona, and even further.

1660157297967.thumb.png.88c4fd0d62005eab242c25a45ab460ca.png

“Absolutely no one was stopping Cesar Chacon,” said Jebow. “Easy choice for the Southwest Most Valuable Passer. Great frame, great arm, and great bloodlines too. His great-grandpa on his mom’s side is the legendary “Indian Jack” Jacobs who tore it up at Oklahoma and the NFL in the 1940s. He’s a guy that’s been coached by some of the best, and it showed on the field today as he excelled in every single one of our drills. Excited to invite him to Nationals.”

“Hesci all, that means Hello in Creek,” Chacon beamed as he met with our interviewers. “Had a really good day today and just happy that my hardwork has paid off. I think I’ve got more in the tank, looking forward to showing what I’ve got in Nashville. Till then, Cehecares!”

1660157413338.thumb.png.e2b8475b65a7e383b9f6319ebfd8a1d7.png

“For our second qualifier, we think this guy might be the best in this region, but struggled near the end,” mused Jebow. “Juan Lopez, that’s a guy with everything in the wheelhouse. Austin area kid, so he’s grown up playing against good competition, attending camps at UT, and it showed as he started the day well in these camp settings. Unfortunately for him, I think he got a bit into his head and Chacon passed him by. Excited to see him get another shot at being the best of the best. No doubt in my mind he could be a guy that wins it all in Nashville.”

“Struggled a bit today, but grateful to have a shot at redeeming myself,” said Lopez. “Just gotta keep focused going forward and make sure I do what I need to do to continue improving. Lots of really good players were here at this camp, happy to be one of the top 2 to move on automatically.

We got a hold of Jebow at the end of the day. “Honestly, with all the kids that were here, pretty disappointed with this year’s crop. I mean, maybe I’m missing something that the recruiting agencies aren’t. I hate to talk stars, but wanted to see more from guys like Fred Oldakowski, and just wasn’t impressed with other top guys like Charles Finlay and Juan Arana. For all the hype on Texas, I thought the Pacific regional was a little stronger. Not saying these guys still can’t make it, but we’ll be looking forward to the next camp.

Finals Invitees:

#2606 (5*) Dick Richards - Pacific MVP

#27 (4*) Max Benson - Pacific Qualifier

#152 (4*) David Ferguson - Pacific Coach's Pick

#55 (4*) Cesar Chacon - Southwest MVP

#88 (4*) Juan Lopez - Southwest Qualifier

Tune in next time as the team heads to Atlanta for the Southeast Regional!

• Like 3