Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Locked on Tulane week 4

Tulane Player of The Week  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Tulane Player of The Week

• Bronson Morel
    • Alexi Patterson
    • Fernando Thomas
    • Adam Edwards

First off we would like to congratulate Bronson Morel on being voted as Tulane's player of the week for week 3 Morel went 28 for 45 with 485 yards and 3 TDs, Morel was only sacked twice and had a QBR of 174.76 so after a great week he is recognized for his achievement.

Tulane started off the first week of in conference play against 0-3 Memphis and just barley came away with a win after the defense came up huge in the 4th holding Memphis to 0 points and with Adam Edwards making 2 huge field goals to make the game 13-16 Alexi Patterson scores the game winning touchdown with less than 6 minutes left with a 5 yard run. Credit has to be given to Bronson Morel and Fernando Thomas for setting that touchdown up with a 58 yard completion just 3 plays earlier. We are going to open this up with coach Kgreene829 talking about the game.

"Coach you have been having success with your pass heavy offense but you moved away from it can you explain why?"

"Well Memphis has a great secondary and going into the game I got a little scared of the great players they have back their so we wanted to switch to a pro scheme to try to play around Brad Jones, Weston McCoil, and Shawn Heinicke. we tried to go more run and that just didn't work for us today. I am so proud of this team for digging deep and coming away with a win but in the future we will play to our strengths instead of playing to counter our opponent offensively."

"Hey coach Tom Brady reporting for Locked on Tulane after a great start for Patterson in week 2 he has had trouble performing can you talk about his struggles and what you are doing to try to help him recapture the magic from week 2."

"Well Patterson had a great start to his season and I really trust him to figure it out but it has been tough on him, he knows what he is capable of and he knows he hasn't been showing it. Patterson continues to work hard and is pushed by backup RB Hector Lee to continue to be great I love how they push each other to be the best they can be and I will really miss them both next year. I really pushed him and put the ball in his hand late in the game to see if we could spark something for the future, he got that huge late game winning touchdown and I am going to look to build on that play in the future and use it to fuel him but Patterson has all my support and I will keep giving him opportunities."

"Coach you mentioned Hector Lee, can you talk about him and if you have considered playing him as the starter."

"Well Lee is a great player and an even greater person, I have thought about it not because Patterson isn't doing well but because they are both great players. It is an open competition and I will start whoever impresses me more that week. Lee has really been pushing hard and I might give him some touches because he has earned them but for now I am sticking with Patterson because I feel that he fits our team better but moving forward we will see."

"Coach Dale Dimmadome, Fernando Thomas had another great game with 252 yards on 10 catches can you talk about him and the connection he has with Bronson Morel."

"Well I love them both they are great friends and are just a great connection. I mean were talking about two guys that are in discussions for the Heisman so obviously that is going to make a great connection. I love those two guys and they are really raising their draft stock as I saw some scouts make the trip down to NOLA to take a look at them. They are going to be great players for any team that decides to take them but while they are here they are all in on helping this team."

"Well coach congrats on the win see you next week."

"Thank you Roll Wave!!!!!"

We were unable to reach Alexi Patterson for comment we were told that he was unhappy with his performance and was already starting to watch film to try to fix the mistakes he made.

Next up was Fernando Thomas who is cementing himself as one of the top WRs in the league coming into this game 3rd in receiving yards 33 yards behind second and 99 yard behind first with one less game and after the games this week so far is now 2nd only 43 yards away from leading the league in receiving yards.

"Thomas you had another great game what do you think is the key to your success so far?"

"Well Bronson Morel has been doing a great job getting me the ball and Treveon Love has been great this season which has let us split the defense so that they can't focus on me too much or else Love will torch them. I know what I am capable of but the offense coach is running and the talent on this team have allowed me to put up better numbers than I am capable of."

"Thomas you had a touchdown and had a huge 58 yard catch that set up the game winning touchdown what is it that allows you to continue making these big plays?"

"Well the biggest part is that coach and the rest of them team believe in me, just knowing that everyone knows I can make these plays and expects me to make them it is a lot of pressure but you know what they say pressure makes diamonds and thorough my time at this program I have worked my way up so that everyone knows that I will do what it takes to make the big plays happen. I am taking time to teach this mentality and help Love become the next guy who the team trust to make the big plays."

"Thomas last question there were some scouts at todays game and they were certainly looking at you and Bronson Morel, it looks like you guys put on a good show for them, can you talk about that?"

"Wait... there were scouts? haha no yeah I noticed them but my time in the league will come and I know that teams will be excited to get me or Morel but I am not focused on that I am 100% committed to this team for now and they have my full attention and I know Morel has the same mentality. Thank you guys ill see you next week."

Before we wrap up we reached out to Adam Edwards for comment on his game and he had this to say. "Well it was tough my first FG attempt of the game I missed from 26 yards out but by the time I lined up for my second FG of the game the team was helping me clear my mind and I went out and hit a 40 yarder bringing us within 6. Then I lined up for a 38 yard FG and knew that this FG would be huge because to ensure a one score game would have been huge for us. I hit it and then got the best seat in the house for the game winning drive."

Well that's all we have for this week kind of a shorter edition but the team was very reserved as they felt they should have played better so it was hard to get comments we look forward to next week where we will go out of conference to match up against @Piercewise1 and Indiana. Don't forget to vote for player of the week and we will see you next week.

• Like 2