Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Locked on Tulane week 3

Tulane Player of The Week  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Tulane Player of The Week

• Bronson Morel
    • Fernando Thomas
    • Treveon Love
    • Marvin Norris

Welcome back to our second edition of our Tulane recap now with a new name (totally not based on podcast that I have been listening too that have the same name but with the team they cover) Tulane had a huge matchup at home against 19th ranked UNT and once again they showed their dominance with a 40-21 win.

First lets check in on Heisman hopeful Bronson Morel. Morel followed up an amazing performance with another great one. Morel went 28 for 45 with 485 yards and 3 TDs, Morel was only sacked twice and had a QBR of 174.76 after a great week 2 performance Morel somehow improved. We caught up with Morel after the game to hear from him.

"Hey Morel Tom Brady Locked on Tulane after a great week 2 performance you followed it up with an even better one with much less attempts can you talk about that."

"What's up Brady, well coach really had my back last week letting me sling it 70 times but he told me that was not going to happen again so over the week we worked on trying to get more from each throw and I think it showed with 10 less yards on 25 less attempts and I averaged 3.71 more yards per attempt. Everything just clicked more and I didn't start off with the nerves I had last week starting my first game so that helped a lot. I still have to talk to coach because I can still improve. Next question"

"Great game Morel this is Dale Dimmadome son of Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmesdale Dimmadome lead writer of the Dimmesdale Times with a 2 part question what part of this team is your favorite and which part do you wish would improve?"

"Well my favorite part is how well this team works together we have a great team and people are ready to step up when others have a rough game last week Treveon Love stepped up when Fernando Thomas was having trouble catching the ball and this week Thomas bounced back and Love kept it going when our run game struggled. I just know if I were to have an off game the team will step up to try and win the game. As for the second question I am really sorry but your not going to get your soundbite I wish I would improve more I have had 2 great games but there is still more I can do to help the team out and I am ready to do whatever it takes to step up. I have time for one more question."

"Hey Morel Stormy Weathers from TNN(Tulane News Network) could you talk about how it felt going up against and then beating a top 25 team and do you have a message for the pollsters"

"Well the prep for this game was a lot of fun and everyone was ready to go out a prove themselves but I have to give coach a lot of credit he had us working hard and kept telling us how important this game was, I posted something on twitter at like 1 in the morning before the game and he broke into the dorm gave me milk and cookies and sang me a lullaby. I was very confused and thought it was a dream but when I saw him he told me not to let it happen again and that I need to be rested up for the game. Clearly he was going to do everything in his power to prepare us for this game and while he had some unorthodox methods it did work. I haven't had too much time with the team yet but were all super pumped and proud we wanted to do this for all the fans and I hope they liked the performance. Now for the pollsters you can write this down because I do have a message for them Tulane is legit and you better watch us because we are going to have some more fun no matter where we are ranked."

"Thank you for your time Morel go celebrate with your team"

"Thanks ill see you guys next week"

Next is that insane 1 2 punch of Fernando Thomas and Treveon Love they combined for 31 targets and 24 catches 453 yards and 3 TDs they made up 69% of the targets and had 86% of the catches these 2 are a force and are making big plays but they have gone on record saying that they want to see the rest of the team work harder to try and get to the same level as them since with enough hard work it is possible lets go to their joint presser now.

"Hey Louise-Anna Purchais from Oblivious.com you guys had another dominant game Fernando can you talk about the changes you made from last week to this week that lead to your lower drop rate and Treveon can you talk about what it was like seeing Fernando make those catches."

Fernando Thomas

"Well you heard Morel talk about some of coaches unorthodox methods and I have another one for you coach rounded up everyone on the team and said for each pass you drop someone from the team gets to do whatever they want to you, they were also allowed to ask me to do something. Well lets just say my jaw and ass are sore but man did it work."

Treveon Love

"Yeah sorry about that man but I needed to get moneys worth, I loved seeing him reduce those drops because me and Fernando are close and I know how hard he works and he is really hard on himself, seeing him beat himself up over all those drops last week was really hard so it is really great to see him making these catches."

The press conference was ended early after that question for some unknown reason but I love seeing Thomas and Love together they are just great friends.

Next they rushed out SS Marvin Norris who had 7 solo tackles 2 assisted tackles 0.5 TFLs with an INT.

"Hey Norris John Deaux from Geaux Tulane can you talk about what it is like on that defense and just kind of let us know what's going on since we know about the offense I would love to hear what the defense is all about."

"Well John being on the defense we are used to the spotlight being on the other side of the field so thanks for giving me the platform, I feel we are not much different from the offense we have some great players and we work really hard everyone on this team wants to see the team go far and while the offense does that by being flashy and putting up points we do the dirty work trying to shut teams down. That is not meant to be a slight I love the offense those are my boys but sometimes the defense doesn't get its credit I have been on teams like that but I love the offense and they really hype us up during the game and in practice. I have never had a QB come up to me and start celebrating with me right after I picked him off but that's just the kind of guy Morel is. So just so summarize we play hard every play and we do everything we can each day to help this team win."

"This is Becka Lauriette no affiliation with any network I was just wondering why I never got a call back- mmmph ahh LET GO OF ME... I LOVE YOU BABY WE WILL BE TOGETHER SOME DAY"

Marvin Norris was rushed out the back after that and coach Kgreene came out to wrap things up.

"Whats going on guys sorry about some of the players pressers being cut short but we are just trying to move this along and avoid any problems. now I am sure you guys have some questions."

The room went dead quite and after 30 seconds we finally got a question

"Uh... coach... this is *REDACTED* from *REDACTED* we have heard of some of your unorthodox methods... should we be concerned that you may be taking things a little too far."

Sorry but the broadcast was cut and the name and affiliation for that last member have been redacted since they are important in a current investigation into the unknown whereabouts of a reporter.

Well what an... uh... exciting edition I am so sorry but after all that I can't anymore hopefully next week we have a more normal edition and don't forget to vote on the Tulane Player of The Week the poll is provided and we will be releasing an article about the winner in 3 days after the poll closes and put any question you have for anybody on the team in the comments and we may ask them in next weeks presser.

Once again this is edited by London transfer student Skidmark Outerbridge and Written by Tom Brady

• Like 5
  • Haha 1