Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Tulane red hot to start the season

After the 3rd week of games in the 2nd SimCFB season Tulane finally takes the field and puts on a show. Lead by senior QB Bronson Morels 495 yards 3 TDs and 40 completions on 70 attempts Tulane was able to get a dominant win against Ole Miss with a final score of 35-7. Morel was seen leaving the stadium in a sling we were told by coach Kgreene829 that this is just to help him rest it.

After questions about the pass heavy offense Kgreene said "We planned to be a little more balanced but Morel came up to me after that early interception and said coach let me keep going I know I can make up for that, I love that kind of confidence in my starting QB so I put the ball in his hand, he rewarded us with a nice drive and ended it with a TD on the next drive so we gave him the keys to the offense. Moving forward we will try to balance our run and pass more but it was nice to get an early stress test on Morel's arm."

The top RB senior Alexi Patterson showed his support for Morel saying "Nothing but love for Morel he is that guy and he is able to fire up this offense, he came over to me and said 'look man I am going to take over so make the most out of every run you get' when he said that I laughed and said 'don't worry man I bet you I'm still going for 100 yards' and that really pushed me to be my best I yelled at coach to put the ball in my hand a couple extra times at the end of the game just to get me up to 100 and lets just say Morel owes me dinner now so he better get that wallet ready since I'm not a cheap date" Patterson had 100 yards on the dot on just 8 rush attempts averaging 12.5 yards and a TD.

Coach Kgreene when asked about the run game said he couldn't be happier that RB Patterson and WR Williams were able to have so much success given their limited attempts.

Tulane's top 3 WRs senior Fernando Thomas, junior Treveon Love and junior DeVante Pina did there press conference together and showed the chemistry of this team by joking around and having fun the whole time when asked to rate each others performances Love said "These two bums only were able to score and make an impact because I was drawing all their top guys away they forgot to cover the rest of the team" Pina and Thomas laughed and jokingly tackled Love before each praising each other. Thomas put it best when he said "These are my brothers, I have been mentoring them and next year when I am gone I am going to need my boys to step up and lead this teams WR room, I love these guys and I am going to miss them when I make it to the league" Thomas did take a second to acknowledge that moving forward he needs to be better he was able to get a lot of yards but moving forward he needs to be making more catches 14 drops is unacceptable before praising Love and Pina for making the catches he couldn't.

When coach Kgreene was asked about how he prepared for this game he said "We made sure to watch film on Ole Miss knowing they would be a tough match and made sure that we were running full contact games during week 0 and week 1 since they didn't have any games scheduled" Kgreene said later talking about the advantages and disadvantages of waiting till week 2 to play their first game "Well obviously it helps to have film on a team while also knowing they have nothing on you and we had a lot of energy and excitement but at the same time we were a little rusty and that showed on Morel's early interception, which I am really happy we were able to bounce back from, and also as much as we practice its never a substitute for a real game so the fact that they had already played a game this season and had gotten rid of the nerves was something that helped them, I will say the worst part was waiting 2 weeks to get on the field I was watching other teams play and itching to get out and start out season and I know many of our guys felt the same way"

Coach Kgreene was running out of time so he had to go but he made a point to praise his defense not just for all the work they put in to get the offense ready for this game but also for shutting down Ole Miss saying "We had a lot of guys who stepped up after we lost some of our top guys and leaders last year and I am so happy to see these guys succeed"

That was your weekly Tulane football wrap up I would like to thank London transfer student Skidmark Outerbridge for his work editing this part of our paper

Written by Tom Brady

• Like 4