Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Wishlist for NewSim Season 3

In response to the coaching carousel FAQ and I understand this being pushed back because it is not as important as other changes but to deal with croots following a coach that could be done through a dice roll of some sort not sure if it would be 50/50 or weighted based on different factors but think it would be cool to implement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. For longevity I think we need to encourage users to think about staying and not flipping teams. It adds a level of volatility. But that’s a personal opinion.
  • Like 4

hmmm I get that so maybe not 50/50 but I think a small chance because while I do agree about wanting to keep members with their teams they may want to change teams for a number of reasons and even if they only get 1 or 2 croots to follow them it makes it feel like recruiting was not as much of a waste. A problem that could come up with no way for croots to follow is a team that knows they will go to a different team at the end of the season now has no motivation to recruit. That being said I get both options can introduce problems so if it is decided that it would be best not to implement I understand.

Since I am moving to a service academy, I was thinking that service academies players should have a slightly less of a chance of transferring, but to make it fair, we have a slight less chance of landing transfers commitments. This feature should not dramatically change the game in anyway.

Maybe since all the data is in the interface, we could figure out a way to allow redshirt players to play in up to 4 games like irl?

I know that the progression calculation for redshirted player is a little different but roughly equal to a bench player. This change could allow a way for redshirted players to go from a bench level progression to maybe a special team level progression? That realistically would be enticing for programs who are struggling or maybe even top teams against weaker comp?

• Like 1

It was mentioned when redshirts were implemented on the interface. The logic on the app can be adjusted to allow redshirts to participate within the first four weeks. After that, I am hoping that teams fix up their depth-charts. Otherwise there's going to be a lot of warnings when running games.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Split coverage option for safeties and Linebackers.

This would allow us the option to kind of scheme towards a cover 1 style man defense.