Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Wishlist for NewSim Season 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruiting:

Official Visits

JUCO croots

Sim:

Specifically a slider for aggressive/conservative play calling in second half if down or up

Some sort of additional factor for Rivalry games - Teams submit 2 rivalry games on schedule for this factor to apply to. I don't know what this factor looks like at the moment. Home Field Advantage was a great start though.

Scheme change penalties for players OR same scheme improvement. As players stay longer in a particular scheme they get more comfortable.

• Like 4

Automated way to create a list of all game results including:

• Score by quarter
  • Top performers (maybe based on most yards rushed OR caught or number of touchdowns thrown, etc.)
  • Ranks
  • Coaches
  • Record
  • Week number

• Like 2

- team standings and coach record is automated.

- Ranks being automated would mean bringing a poll to the interface, which I am open to implementing for next season

- A detailed look at game results is an option I’m open to doing as well; though I’ll likely need to either expand existing tables or create a new one entirely

Historic recruit relations. Whereby in rare instances, new croots may be related to previous ones. And historic affinity, where in rare instances, croots may have historic ties to programs.

I am patiently waiting for highly touted star High School quarterback, Maximilian Howard, to make his entrance, and come to his families beloved Florida State.

Younger brother of? Yeh, you guessed it.

• Like 1

Somethings that I know will be at the top of list:

- Adding FCS

- Realigning conferences

- Adding injuries (this is probably going to be the headline feature for next season)

• Like 3

I don’t know how hard transfers would be to implement but I crooted over my kicker from last year and would like to see him get a shot elsewhere at some point, whether that be direct to FCS, or to JuCo allowing him to be crooted again, or Portal’d to an FBS team.

I agree with Sarges recruiting suggestions like JUCO and official visits but I also think adding more depth. This depth doesn't have to be much and doesn't even have to do anything but just more things to make each croot more unique like more personalties or like some stats I can update this with more ideas when they come to me but it just feels like there is very little difference from croot to croot other than skill and potential

Maybe things like clutch giving a minor 4th Q boost, or having a call out for “conditioned” or disciplined to see their stamina or penalty prone-ness
  • Like 2

I echo JUCO croots and transfers.

If we're going to move towards towards a recruiting system that rewards performance. Teams having the ability to snag a JUCO or transfer who could contribute right away is vital.

• Like 1

I like the JUCO and transfers, but i believe official visits will complicate things too much. I think that there should be more customization in the gameplan, like the user being able to pick formations out, and putting specific things like i want to run the ball 80 percent out of i form but pass 80 percent on pistol. Also allowing giving the QB to scramble under pressure would help avoid sacks, especially in the pro scheme. I think these would spice up the game a little and make it more realistic. Also bringing back the Southwest Conference would be nice, not that it would matter to me lol.

Ability to mix in backups at certain positions or in certain situations (like playing your backup players at the end of blowouts to get them some snaps)
  • Like 1

QBs already scramble. Their tendency to do so is based on their archetype. Scramblers and Balanced will scramble far more often than Pocket for example.

Someone who’s willing to either build their technical aptitude with working with data. I’m going to be doing the heavy lifting, but ideally the second developer will help with quality of life features, and features that involve little to no changes to existing data
  • Like 1

Function whereby when another user changes their primary scheme, it notifies their opposing coach that week on the interface or sends an email to them. Either that, or primary schemes that are set are displayed in the weeks match up on the interface home screen, which automatically change when it's changed by the coach.

Just thinking of ways to automate it as opposed to having to post in the forum and on discord.

@TuscanSota

I think the right way to do this would be to introduce a penalty to your players when you change scheme mid-season without a bye week. Because technically you shouldn't have to tell you opponent IRL and the penalty IRL is you won't be as good as what you have been practicing for most of the year. However, this would be a decent technical hurdle to clear.
  • Like 2

Recruiting:

+ Echoing the interest in official visits, or some other kind of very limited, single-use (per recruit) feature to gain points on a player

Gameplan:

+ More formation options per scheme

+ More control over blitzing

+ Which players are more likely to blitz

+ How often to use 1/2/3 man blitzes

+ A "Practice" choice where you can get a buff for a certain position group or formation in the next game

Sim:

+ More robust 2-point conversion logic

• Like 2

FB run % for formations that have a FB

WR run % (adding in a jet sweep from the X, Y, and Z spots in various formations)

Situational control - meaning:

run/pass sliders (and ideally which type of run/pass) for

1st & 10, 1st & short, 1st & long

2nd & short, 2nd & medium, 2nd & long

3rd & short, 3rd & medium, 3rd & long

4th & short, 4th & medium, 4th & long

I say "ideally which type of run/pass", because if I go for it late in the game on 4th and 22, I probably do not want to call a screen or short pass. Or 2nd and 1, I'd probably prefer to try a long pass more often. Or 3rd and 1, maybe take that play-action deep shot a little more often

Coach defined 2-point play matrix (setting what game situations you will kick the PAT vs go for 2)

Edited by Pumph
  • Like 1

Also, corrected punting stats. Unless all of the punters are consistently hitting 50+ yarders, I'm guessing the touchbacks are not cutting off at the goal line for statistical purposes. It feels like punters with stat lines of 8 punts, 52-yard average, 6 inside 20 is routine. That's a career game for a great punter IRL. I'm thinking, without checking, that touchbacks are counting as inside 20 (maybe) and when the ball is downed 8 yards deep, the punter is getting those extra 8 yards.

Maybe net punting as a stat too.