Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

ACC GotW - Week One

ACC_Logos_Blue_Background.jpg

ACC GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK ONE

NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS (0-0) @Tryggr vs MISSOURI (0-0) @Nittany Boiler

ACC GOTW OFFENSIVE PLAYER TO WATCH

1285684446.0.jpg

Nick Pounders - RB - North Carolina

Missouri boast a very strong defensive line, spearheaded by the duo of DT Caleb Suarez, and DE Justin Anderson, both highly touted seniors. Backing them up is dynamic OLB J.P. Bracy, as well as a host of other front 7 players. In order for the Tar Heels to be effective, they are going to have to vary up their rushing attack, potentially with Pounders receiving a bunch of passes out of the backfield. Pounders is arguably the most explosive player on this North Carolina roster and they are going to need him to be at his best to keep up with this Missouri side. Week one is always a bit of an unknown but I expect Pounders to be the man leading the way for this offense for the season and what better place to start that than on the road at Missouri. He can make a statement to the league here with a big performance.

ACC GOTW DEFENSIVE PLAYER TO WATCH

usa_today_13339958.0.jpg

Jalen Jones - DE - North Carolina

Jalen Jones, who is only a true Sophomore, is probably the most talented player on the Tar Heels roster, despite being so young. He is an absolute behemoth of a player and I expect him to have a statement year for North Carolina this year. He has elite level speed, agility, and pass rushing, as well as a reasonable gas tank. Missouri, for all of it's talents, does not have any standout offensive lineman this year, therefore I think Jones could be a real difference maker in this match if he can generate the pressure which he will expect too. There is a good chance he will line up opposite true Freshman OT Greg Gregerson (what a name) and if that does happen, it could be a rude welcoming to the college game for the youngster. Expect the heat, Jones is coming.

ACC GOTW PREDICTION

It wasn't a pretty start to the CFB season for the ACC, with both Florida State and Wake Forest losing their week 0 games. As much as I think this one will be competitive, and I do rate a number of North Carolina's players, I can't help but think Missouri have just slightly more playmakers and a more well rounded roster, as well as the sway of home field advantage, which I think will make the key difference in this close encounter. I think Jones will have upwards of two sacks for the game, which is a big statement, but when all is said and done Missouri come out on top in a close victory at home.

North Carolina 17-21 Missouri

• Like 3