Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] NewSim Feedback

Lewis Tretter is an Offensive Tackle. Backups came in and he's on my defense making tackles and is not on the depth chart as a backup DLineman

Screenshot_20230715-115430.png

1 hour ago, kwheele said:

@pumph should this have been at the GB 2 after the facemask or the GB 1 yard line, i know the GB -11 yard line doesn't exist

image.thumb.png.8f75cfca7067953e5886e7d733ad6bd5.pngi

my understanding is "half the distance from the end of the run" so at the 2

Az4P34C.png

my starting QB got injured, causing the backup to come in. However the backup is also currently doing his best Devonta Doyle impression as RB2. So there were several instances where QB Aaron Diaz threw passes to himself.

Why was my CB rushing the ball during our possesions? Might help if ALL running backs could be listed like the receiver group is

image.thumb.png.aa2c2e844737d06e38e317975b8a3593.png

I think with the new scheme and gameplanning options that are coming next season maybe there should be some thought into bringing some more balance to the NFL.  It feels like the disparity between rookies/young lower rated players and established players is far too wide.  Especially in a league where almost every team (except Washington) has legitimate holes on their roster. 

You can look at several different positions.  I did some quick research and their 1 rookie RB, who gets significant snaps, who averages over 4 YPC.  Pat Smith, on a really good Cincinnati team, is averaging less than 2 YPC and they have blown almost everyone out.  

I'm going to pick on a couple of young scrambling quarterbacks.  Luke Trahan and Wilfredo Joseph are both completing 27% of their passes.  I understand that gameplanning plays a part, but this level of bad play shouldn't really happen often. 

Picking on Trahan again - Philadelphia played Dallas and he was 7/27 for 97 yards.  Dallas does not have a fantastic secondary, in fact it could be considered a weakness. Their top 3 CBs are 65, 63, 62 (iirc) and their safeties are also in the mid-60s. Philadelphia, in comparison, has really good weapons across the board and a good offensive line. He doesn't need to be Aaron Pool, but he should be able to do much better than 7/27 in that matchup. Lol 

Irl the Steelers were able to go 3-3 with legendary undrafted FCS rookie Duck Hodges.  In those 6 games he threw for over 1,000 yards, completed 62.5% of his passes and had 5 TDs and 8 picks.  They were extremely limited with him (he couldn't throw the ball deep at all and that's where his picks came, but he was at least respectable) 

Sorry for this novel. This might be something that naturally corrects as the talent disparity shrinks, but it just feels like rookies/young players, for the most part, are really bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the offseason can we look at having a center's football IQ have an impact across the offensive line?  It would make Line Captain centers more viable than they currently are.  Right now they are just smart bad players..  

Football IQ: This skill, for now, only applies to individual blocking situations (although it might be possible in the future for Line Captain centers to share some of their football IQ bonus). This boosts (or detracts) from a players ability to block on a given play based on how smart they are. The idea here is, that a savvy player will know the playbook inside and out and might also have some other tricks up their sleeve to give them an advantage.

On 8/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, smackemz said:

In the offseason can we look at having a center's football IQ have an impact across the offensive line?  It would make Line Captain centers more viable than they currently are.  Right now they are just smart bad players..  

Football IQ: This skill, for now, only applies to individual blocking situations (although it might be possible in the future for Line Captain centers to share some of their football IQ bonus). This boosts (or detracts) from a players ability to block on a given play based on how smart they are. The idea here is, that a savvy player will know the playbook inside and out and might also have some other tricks up their sleeve to give them an advantage.

This will be a part of the scheme update

• Fire 1

On 8/5/2023 at 1:02 PM, SageBow said:

Weird penalty issue causes a 3rd and 98

IMG_3127.thumb.jpeg.0630ddab691617aae984e265a2686884.jpeg

Can you show me what led up to this so I can try to figure out why it ended up there?

24 minutes ago, Rocketcan said:

Can you show me what led up to this so I can try to figure out why it ended up there?

this is the play directly before

image.png.1d10f38accf0bb3ed7590fb7676206a7.png

• Like 1

Just now, Vivid said:

My starting DE is getting carries in garbage time. And my own player blocked a my FG

IMG_1249.png

IMG_1248.png

man tried to stop the scoring after he saw it was 51-0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...