Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] NewSim Feedback

In the Jacksonville State-UTEP game today (Friday, Week 6, 2024 ), JST scored as time expired. Their subsequent XP was good, but not counted in the score, likely due to the time on the clock being negative.  

I put this in the interface feedback thread but thought I'd put it here as well. Player injured in game for just a half but will miss the next week as well:

image.png.b97b0d5d668651b9d3408cc2f5ec2ee1.png

This 2nd photo is after the weekly sync:

image.thumb.png.3ecfb21135b399a2d362faa68ce53220.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Rocketcan, week 8 Tennessee @ UGA, 1QTR, Tennessee gets an injured OT and I proceed to sack the QB a record 23 times. I did have a lot of sliders set up for blitzing but it's worth looking into whether the injury was conducive to all the sacks or if blitzing needs balancing. 

@tsweezy

@Rocketcan

Providing feedback regarding the use of fullbacks in the I Option scheme. For Washington State's game against UMass this week, we heavily weighted the two formations that utilizes the Fullback position as the two main weights. I will provide a screenshot here:

image.thumb.png.436f9888cb819b34ea3410a05cff7081.png

In addition, this was what we set as the running distribution on how we wanted run game to go about:

image.png.4180cabed51fe1998e8e2ee021df8fa9.png

When reviewing the results for the game, the resulting rushing stats had our starting QB attempt to run 21 times, our two starting RBs run the ball 16 times, and our starting FB ran the ball only three times.

image.thumb.png.0501b0574befa1b701f7a6a5be8a5143.png

While I understand that teams can abandon the run when the game begins to be a blowout, this game remained competitive throughout the entire match.

One thing I will consider is that we had our starting and our backup RT out for this game, and we also had to switch our starting center to a more balanced one. That may have been why our team decided to pass the ball more, but when we have our offense set to 80% run type plays, I guess I was hoping to see more runs than passes.

image.thumb.png.14787d118d90ca75bf7ff8b01b1583fe.png

I'm providing this as a means of improving the engine in the offseason and building a case that fullbacks are underutilized even when setting the run distribution to the max. We have a really good fullback, and I want to make the most out of this player as much as I can. I don't want to convert him to an RB but I'm beginning to wonder if that's what I need to do in order for his talent to be utilized.

I am also open to suggestions.

@Rocketcan I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something wild happened worded weirdly. But a punt by buffalo at their 18 was blocked for -27 yards. But it says the block was by Buffalo's punter. Then Buffalo is awarded 2 points for what appears to be a safety on them by my reading of it? This is not a game changing score but they did get another possession as well after this which ended the first half which, if the safety was on them, should have been ours as well. It seems like the safety was awarded to the wrong team unless something very odd happened.

image.thumb.png.55aee2a719fe3f7e800c2adda12fcc90.png

• Like 1

I would really like the WR rushing distribution to also determine which WR potentially runs the ball on triple options 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a weirdly blocked punt by my own player

101 3 10 3 MISS 05:27 4th and 5 48 MISS Punt N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 0 Man Man Man 21 MISS P Luis Guzman punts for 1 yard. BLOCKED by MISS RB Marc Crumley

Looks like the sim just put the wrong team in front there

• 2 weeks later...

LA Rams kickoff to us to start the 2nd half, but then the Seahawks kick it back to them the very next play:

image.thumb.png.a0d1c2d9c93203398c4079c7f2e8e5c8.png

Posted (edited)

safety led to wrong team getting points and the ball

image.thumb.png.debbc75d488d28c62e126388315e3f8d.png

Edited by Jmjacobs

If a team misses a FG the other team either gets the ball at the 20 (FG from the Red zone) or they take over at the spot of the kick.  The sim seems to be having a team take over from the LOS

• 2 weeks later...

WMU has 4th down and long, triple OT, trailing by a TD.  They... kick a field goal to lose the game 38-34.  Will include PBP screenshot when available.

EDIT: Added PBP for end of game.image.thumb.png.c11742c6b2a7095ba3e5bf16668083e6.png

Edited by Jieret