Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Meet the Croots: Dick Richards of Anchorage, Alaska

1654117616838.thumb.png.a2b4240830453ea1952e4ce6e8175cae.png

Coaches have scouted across the country for the best talent; and with August right around the corner, one of the roughest diamonds was found far north in the Final Frontier of Alaska. After surprising wins in the Fall (due to Alaska's long winters, the seasons end in mid-Autumn but start earlier), Dick Richards had upset state powerhouses Juneau-Douglas, Kodiak, and Soldotna to lead the Johnson High School Beavers to a state championship.

But that's not where Richard's story first begins. Having been introduced to football while living on a farm in Johnson City, Kansas; Richards admired the team-aspect to football and the camaraderie of teammates in the sport. A fan of the Denver Broncos, his father would drive him to Broncos games on Sundays where would watch Bronco Legends Meyton Panning and Peter London tear through the SimNFL. Even though a relocation from Johnson City to Anchorage occurred when Dick was only 11 years old, that still didn't stop the kid from watching his Broncos.

And after many years training at football camps and having mentorship from former Alaska-Nanooks QB Oliver Sanders; Richards would enter the ranks on the Johnson High School Beavers football team. Despite not making varsity until his junior year, that didn't stop him from playing lights out. His high school coach, Robert Writtenby, had these words to say about the QB sensation.

"Let me tell you, I've never seen a player grasp the fundamentals like Richards has. The kid makes great reads and can make the kind of passes that get you downfield. Flag passes? You got it. Out of bounds from full coverage? Got it. Make a hail mary to win the game? It's happened, I've seen it, Dick's done it. First player to enter the gym, last guy to leave. I've never seen someone so determined. He's everything you want in a quarterback."

After reports from scouts as far as the beaches of San Diego to cold Midwestern Ann Arbor, Dick Richards is perhaps one of the most sought out Quarterback in Alaska's history. Despite being one of the top quarterbacks of this recruiting class, Dick Richards had this to say on his top list of schools:

"I have no preference, personally. There's a lot of great schools out there, and I know that wherever I go, I'll show them that I can make an impact. All I want is to play the game, emerge at the next level and hopefully play for the Denver Broncos."

Dick Richards is the starting quarterback for the Beavers, who are determined to return to the Alaska D-1 championship after emerging victorious last season. College football fans should keep an eye on Richards as recruiting begins soon as we're sure that Richards will take a long time to declare where he will sign for the college ranks.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1