Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2022] Maryland Post Scrimmages Press Conference

RobSun08

*Coach RobSun takes the podium to begin the press conference*

Well, now that the scrimmages are over I think we have somewhat found our identity as a team, but we still have work to do. To recap the first scrimmage, we played in Middle Tennessee State and lost 30-10. The passing game looked weak as Isaiah Lewis threw for 13/29 and 73 yards. Our fullback had the most yards receiving and none of the receivers looked strong. The defense played well throughout the first three quarters and fizzled out in the fourth. Overall, it was not a great performance by the team, and the game plan needed some work. Over the week we made many adjustments, with the major one being moving Isaiah Lewis from the quarterback position to running back, and replacing him with Stephen Brantley. We also made changes to the game plan, making it a more run heavy offense, with minor adjustments to the defense. To summarize the second scrimmage game, we looked much better than before, beating Navy 19-37. Brantley had a decent completion rate at 17/41, but managed 215 yards and only one interception. The star of our team turned out to be the relocated Isaiah Lewis, who ran for 123 yards on 34 attempts. He managed 4 touchdowns as well in his first game at the running back position. The defense looked better than they were last week, and continues to hold strong. Going into the regular season I'm even more confident in the team, and I believe that with some more adjustments we can go very far.

Changing topics, we have a full schedule completed for the 2022 schedule being:

Week 1: Eastern MichiganWeek 8: @Indiana
Week 2: @FloridaWeek 9: Northwestern
Week 3: @Mississippi StateWeek 10: BYE
Week 4: BYEWeek 11: @Wisconsin
Week 5: @MichiganWeek 12: @Penn State
Week 6: Michigan StateWeek 13: Ohio State
Week 7: PurdueWeek 14: Rutgers

I don't believe there is any other big news as of right now, so I'll open up the press conference to questions.

*Press conference is now open to questions*

• Like 2

Isaiah has taken the switch well, although he was a little surprised when it first occurred. After his first game he was happy as he realized how much better he performed at the new position. Ryan Turner is still disappointed he lost his starting job though.