Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2023 1st Rounder Watchlist

tsweezy

Taking a look through rosters, and pared it down to imo 21 players who I would have on my short list for best players in America, and in contention for a 1st round selection in next years draft.

Method: Filtered down to just A overalls who were an A overall last year. Tossed the 3 stars (as last years draft showed, they just are not going to be top of the top before they have NFL experience). Potential here is the combined potential of last year and this year (so a B+ last year and A this year gives you an A- "combined" potential). Then only the 21 year olds (seniors) (more years of progression) with one exception. With that combo of high overalls, high potentials, experience, and high star power here is your shortlist in order of how good I think they are:

1. TE Don Scott, Temple - Receiving (5 star with A potential is very high on the list. A in literally every TE category and even has a B stamina, C injury)
  2. DT Tony Macura, California - Balanced (5 star with B+ potential. A in everything including injury, with a B agility. Only big drawback is his F stamina)
  3. CB Austin Bledsoe, Syracuse - Zone Coverage (5 star with B+ potential. Has a B in man coverage and a D in catching along with a D stamina which are the only non-As)
  4. OT Rubby Stewart, Kentucky - Run Blocking (5 star B+ potential. Another enormous guy with As in all the main categories aside from the B pass block and F stamina)
  5. K Elih Obada, Arizona State - Accuracy (5 star B+ potential. Must have enormous accuracy because he only has a C in kick power somehow. Also comes with an A stamina, A in punt power and accuracy so he could be your P too, and A speed, IQ, Agility, strength, throw power, and B throw accuracy so he could successfully run some fakes)
  6. DT Alejandro Rua, Louisville - Balanced (4 star A+ potential. A big guy with B speed, agility, and strength he does have the A IQ, Tackling, pass rushing and run defense along with an A injury and room to grow more. Still the second best DT currently behind Tony)
  7. WR Andrew Jones, UCLA - Speed (4 star A+ potential. Probably one of the guys I'd bet on to be in contention for fastest man at the combine this year. Bs in route running and catching aren't that bad for a speed guy who should test out of this world in drills. C stamina and injury)
  8. C Ruben Shazier, Alabama- Run Blocking (5 star A+ overall, the only one of those in the sim lands him on this list as a true junior. the B IQ as a Center along with B Pass Block and Strength are the only things he has left to improve (aside from the F stamina).)

1. --- A overall line. If I had to guess, I think the 8 above are the most likely to be NFL A overalls, while the ones below may be, but are less likely imo---

[*]DT Marcus Sirles, Alabama - Pass Rusher (5 star B potential)

[*]DT Caleb Suarez, Missouri - Balanced (5 star B potential)

[*]QB Brandon Smith, Kansas State - Field General (5 star B potential, but only B throw power and throw accuracy, likely will not be a QB who goes #1 overall)

[*]C Noah Prater, Tennessee - Pass Blocking (4 star A potential)

[*]OT Richard Plutko, FIU - Pass Blocking (4 star A potential)

[*]OT Jeimer Valera, Houston - Balanced (4 star A potential)

[*]WR Alex Henderson, Tennessee - Red Zone Threat (4 star A potential)

[*]FB Craig Crosby, Buffalo - Receiving (4 star A potential)

[*]FS Sergio Collins, Houston - Ball Hawk (4 star A potential)

[*]FS Miles Walsh, Oregon State - Man Coverage (4 star A potential)

[*]WR Fernando Thomas, Tulane - Possession (4 star A potential)

[*]FS Jacob Carlin, Louisiana - Zone Coverage (4 star A potential)

[*]QB Wilfredo Joseph, New Mexico State - Scrambler (4 star A potential with B throw power and accuracy)

Going to try and remember to circle back to this way too early list once they enter the draft process in earnest. Let me know if you think any of your players belong as first round, top-25 players in the country discussion (NOT INCORPORATING PRODUCTION! TOO MANY AI SCHOOLS FOR THAT)

• Like 6
  • Football 1

K Elih Obada, Arizona State - Accuracy (5 star B+ potential. Must have enormous accuracy because he only has a C in kick power somehow. Also comes with an A stamina, A in punt power and accuracy so he could be your P too, and A speed, IQ, Agility, strength, throw power, and B throw accuracy so he could successfully run some fakes)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guy can kick pinpoint 35 yard punts man.

• zamn 1

1. TE Don Scott, Temple - Receiving (5 star with A potential is very high on the list. A in literally every TE category and even has a B stamina, C injury)

Don Scott or Devontae McKinney?

I would also like to throw out DE, Alex Taijeron from Florida State.

SR Speed Rusher: A - (Agility, Speed, Pass Rush, Football IQ) B - (Tackle, Strength, Run Defense, Potential), C - Stamina

• Like 2