Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Denver Broncos Announce 2022 Draft Class

We at the Denver Broncos are just elated with how our draft turned out, except for the third round where we wanted David Thomas but couldn't get the pick in on time. We're looking forward to preseason when we can see how both our whole team, and these superlative young men specifically, stack up.

Pick 1.05

QB Dekoda Link, Oregon State

UAXONA5XMFBITEI2HW6UKZUMOA.thumb.jpg.031115990020c9e58675cb48ea3d8e16.jpg

We're really excited about bringing on a player with such tremendous natural arm talent. Easily the most impressive QB at the combine, and a great human being (as opposed to other QB prospects this draft). Both his pro day and private workout verified that he has all the pieces to be an all-pro in short order.

Our current starting QB Peter London, who knows a thing or two about good QB play, was ecstatic when we told him we were bringing Link onto the team saying the addition was "Definitely among the choices that you have made."

Dekoda: "I'm excited to join such a successful organization, and I look forward to learning from Big Pete Pete and developing a great relationship with Carmine and Hector this summer during OTAs"

Pick 2.28

OLB Patrick Viola, Virginia @Wahoo

1182545835.thumb.jpg.c834151bfb290db8d01dc7c5fd00c425.jpg

With 48 solo tackles on the season and 8 TFL, Patrick Viola played offenses like a fiddle. We're looking forward to seeing him on the field with Dennis Jones to see what two meteoric athletes can do on the field.

Patrick: "I'm so excited to go live on the other side of the country. Do they have Waffle Houses in Denver? Ah well, either way it's gonna be really cool to go hiking and stuff on big mountains out there. Oh, and get high as balls."

Pick 3.05

FS Jake Campos, Florida Atlantic

BBA7BB2B-5974-490E-96AD-C1E533B562E7-1024x682.thumb.jpeg.3cc0e2d6b2f0fc27ae8d9e4b2702b3db.jpeg

As a front office, we really can't say who this guy is, or why we selected him. Our GM spilled coffee all over the draft station right when our pick came in, and somehow this is the guy we got credit for. All that said, he probably slots in as one of our starting safeties as the position is pretty bare.

Campos: "I really appreciated that Denver called me the day after I was picked and introduced themselves. It was really considerate of them. That said, I'm pretty sure they still don't remember my name as the first thing the GM said when I picked up the phone was 'great to have you on the team, Drake. You did great work in the area of college football on your side of the ball'"

Pick 5.05

OT A.J. Hicks, Liberty

48561749417_d447834378_z.jpg.7f39b50e724092f24dab8c22e7751fa5.jpg

More of a run blocker than anything else at Liberty, we're really interested in seeing how Hicks can grow into the position, given he's shown some really strong flashes. A little bit small in frame for an OT, we still believe he's going to put it all together in a year or two and start opposite Derek Dixon.

Hicks: "Unbelievable to have this happen to me. Through the lord, everything is possible. From playing for a dubiously accredited university, to being drafted by the team that is located between mountains so tall they're an affront to God, anything really is possible. "

Pick 5.28

DT Reymin Ortiz, Arizona State @rvjruk

GettyImages-1181137021.jpg.6044c3a4db02403a8aef4fcb8062166d.jpg

By the fifth round, we realized it might be good to draft some big uglies on both sides of the ball. We liked Reymin's ability to rush the passer, while being stout enough against the run to at least be more effective than a majority of the linebackers also available to draft. He'll get a lot of work in a four man front against the pass and get the first chance to start between 2 young pro-bowl level ends and the mountain known as Dan Garrison.

Ortiz: "Wait, did he just call me ugly? Man, I'm just so excited to play on a defense that's going to get a lot of repetitions on gameday. It's gonna be so fun! My favorite thing to do is sack the quarterback. When I'm not sacking the quarterback I get sad."

Pick 6.05

OG Xavier Stubbs, Arkansas @Weeze

1c-wagnerrgb.thumb.jpg.e15017ed442bd5f525e11f8dd3b5c10d.jpg

Stubbs is a straight up mauler who looks like he's going to be able to contribute Day 1 to the team. While he's a tad undersized, we think it's the spirit and technique that count when it comes to success, and Xavier is going to be a (relatively) small but mighty piece of our offensive line for years to come.

Stubbs: "This is just such a big day for me. I'm so lucky to get a chance to continue my football career. I was worried about the guys after coach left us for that school out east, but this is just gonna be so much fun to be a full time football player."

Pick 6.28

RB Tanner Lake, CMU @Tazer

20121226_gav_aw3_179.0.thumb.jpg.257240eb1b1170758060b597ac4a2d4b.jpg

Tanner showed a lot at CMU, racking up more than 1800 yards on the ground and more than 700 yards receiving. We expect him to contribute right away on special teams and as our 3rd down back when we're giving vet William McKinley a rest.

Lake: "Oh my goodness, this is a dream come true! I've been such a big fan of the Broncos since way back in the day when they had straight ballers like Reuben Droughns, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Selvin Young, and that sad year with Peyton Hillis. I'm looking forward to my chance to run for 1k yards and then peace out after getting a contract from some dumb team like the Browns."

Pick 7.05

OG Zack Hicks, Marshall

DSC_1905.0.0.thumb.jpg.7bc1a18fa373b7c414349d308c5bd9fa.jpg

Zack is the second Hicks added to the team, but the first in our hearts. We saw potential in his ability to be strong against the run, and that's what we're going to ask for our guards right away. Whether or not he sees the field, Zack is going to be a tone-setter at practice.

Hicks: "Zack big happy. Lot of money play football. Want money now have money. Coach say do football so do football."

Pick 7.28

CB Danilo Shakir, Tennessee @tsweezy

10743054.thumb.jpg.c508c6ec061ea43ae87a66985dbd05c3.jpg

Danilo comes to us from Tennessee, where he grabbed one pick and a smattering of tackles throughout the year. Despite the lack of production, we really like his instincts as a playmaker. What he needs to work on to see the field is his atrocious zone coverage.

We expect Danilo to see the field immediately on special teams, and to make some appearances in dime sets throughout the year.

Shakir: "I'm just thankful for the opportunity, and I'm going to let my play do the talking."

Pick 8.05

DE DeForest Cunningham, Duke @stormstopper

IMG_0016.JPG_8_1_M8IMFEH6_L590080751.thumb.jpg.7109198feaccb97e30669ab5da876437.jpg

DeForest is a really exciting prospect, we're just over the moon with being able to select him. A bit of a project, we are excited about the glimpses we have seen both in college (3 TFL, 1 Sack) and at his pro-day (7.51 pass rush).

Cunningham: "Oh man, I'm just so hyped to hang out with such a talented defensive line squad. I texted my buddies after I got the call and they were like 'no way you get on the field with those guy', but I told them see it as a chance to learn from them and get even better as a player. They didn't really say anything about that back to me, they just kept texting me about some sort of Matt Howard thing that was all over twitter."

Pick 8.28

CB Rob Guthrie, BYU

pasted-image-0-4.thumb.png.2fdaaf8deeb3b112ea7bcfc27f035fc7.png

Rob Guthrie is definitely one of the players we selected during the draft. I can't say for sure what position he'll play, but he's most definitely on thin ice and a likely camp cut. That's on us for trading for too many picks. His crippling inability to play in man coverage is almost disqualifying for the position he ostensibly played at BYU. If he commits himself to it and keeps his nose clean, he could have a future at FS.

Guthrie: "I'm going to win in Denver. Mark my words. These cats have no idea what's about to hit them. There's just no one who can compare to what I can do on the field, and I'm just dying to make fools out of every receiver on this so called team. Gonna f'ing destroy them 1v1 and put all hundred clips of them falling on they asses on my TikTok. Bunch of bitches, if you ask me... Imma whip them into shape doe(sic)."

Edited by alexfall862
  • Like 8

One of the overlooked drafts in my book. Denver was on point with all their picks and should be a solid competitor in the AFC West every year.