Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Inaugural 2022 SimFBA NFL Mock Draft

Huge disagreement on Dekoda Link, but I appreciate the mock.

If there's anything I know from my previous draft experiences, it's that the talent I hope to draft is always swiped a pick or two beforehand.

The Bengals Trust really can't make a wrong move with that top 5. I am surprised we don't see a QB until pick #7 though, and I do think Lyons is better than the #28 pick. He could be the Lamar Jackson of this draft if that happens.

This was a little debate in the Mock as well. Who's the best RB--Bruce or Moton? Is RB hyper-valued currently until rosters fill out a bit? I think it's probable the first RB taken goes before 4, and that MANY 1st round RBs are selected.

Whatever the Rams do at 6 is the hinge of this Draft.

Lyons as the 4th QB off the board (behind Frazier) surprises me after a stellar combine and the 2nd best TD-INT ratio in college.

See also: Calhoun over Easton at DE, Martin over Pressley at CB

No huge issues with the top 10, though I could see Moton falling. I doubt McKinney or Johnson last into the 20s.

I think either the 3rd RB/FB or 2nd QB could be a big shakeup if they go early, especially if someone trades up to do so.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with everything you said here Lyons being 4th comes down to some people having different opinions on the QB ranking. As for the rest we based it mainly off of needs and BPA was if there were no good options at that pick to fill a hole, so Johnson fell because we were prioritizing bigger needs than RB on the teams in front. The way we went about it was to identify needs and what teams would look for more than trying to make a 100% accurate prediction of the draft.

Everybody's mock is gangsta until someone makes a trade...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 2 Top 5 picks and 6 of the first round picks in total are going to move around some. There are some risk loving owners out there and we saw that with FA. Should be a wild 2 nights

This mock was actually a really good exercise. It was interesting listening to all the discussion about how each of us approached the draft. Not a perfect science and very tilted to not tip anyone's hands etc. Not having trades in this mock did change things as did only doing one round. I believe that having a two round mock next year will give us an even better look at things.

And next year we will drop a random selection and not post it in our write up.

I'm still not sure which direction we are gonna go. at 19 i think the 18 previous picks are really gonna decide just what we do. There are several players we like, but who knows who is actually there. I wouldn't complain at 19 if we got the guy from usc however. I think he would be an excellent addition.